SUGGESTIONS What Is The Best Phone to Use With Incredible PBX?

howie954

Reaction score
I noticed one of Ward's Blog's from the past: The World’s Best Asterisk Phone which he named the Aastra 57i but that was awhile back ago. Which current SIP phone in today's market would be best to use with Incredible PBX?

matthew

Guru
Reaction score
"The best" is a bit of a moving target. There's lots of usable gear out there. You might also ask what you should avoid.

We have oodles of snom7*0 endpoints deployed without issue. They are easy to provision, and support BLF keys, and alert-info for customised rings. We use the Gigaset C610IP for locations that need a cordless phone. Also easy to use and setup.

voip_user

Reaction score
I've been using a lot of phones recently. I like using my cisco 7945 as my daily driver. However I do like the yealink T46G and T32G. With the Chan_b-sccp module the cisco phones work great. Still I use yealink phones when a customer wants a call center.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Depends on the needs, but I think most people will really like the Yealink T46. That being said, if they are price conscious and want a lot of BLF's with Bluetooth, I use the Grandstream GXP2160.

jay.taylor

Reaction score
When Ward named the 57i the best phone out there, things were different. The Astra xml scripts were available and worked really well. Those scripts no longer work with an updated system. You need an older system and have to be careful not to upgrade some freePBX modules that break the scripts.

I like the Aastra phones because of the scripts. Schmooze/Sangoma have now reproduced the scripts (surmounted the legal hassles - visual voicemail) and they are being updated as necessary. If you want this option, then you have to drink the FreePBX koolaid and pay for the commercial module(s) that you'd like to have. Schmooze/Sangoma have a bundle package that combines a few key modules and give you a price break.

I would check out the Aastra/Mitel 37i as it is a 57i that has gigabit connections.

Jay

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
I think Yealink are the best bang for the buck these days.

You don't have to reboot them for most config changes like you do Aastra so that's a nice change.

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Cisco 79XX & 88XX series and Grandstream GXV3240 (plus Panasonic DECT for cordless SIP).

- Cisco's can be slightly limited in terms of BLF etc (we never use these anyway) without a little re-compiling of Asterisk (only Asterisk v11.xx supported so far hoping for v13.xx) - but all major/typical features work perfectly and the build & audio quality can't be beat (plus louder speakerphone than most other phones out there). 88XX only do single line registration w/o Asterisk code recompile (but 79XX handle multiple no problem out of box).

- Grandstream typically a junky manufacturer makes a pretty good product with the GXV3240 which has full spectrum SIP feature support if you want, solid audio, good speakerphone, decent build quality (although not as physically rugged as Cisco - we have retail environments and the Grandstreams have had handset and device failure or two over a 1.5 year window whereas Cisco's still running solidly).

- Panasonic cordless DECT SIP phones have good build quality & audio, plus great range.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I just installed PiaF Green with Asterisk 11.16.0 and installe Aastra scripts answer deployed 7 57i's. The scripts still work as great as they ever had. My only complaint with Aastra's is that it seems you can get a batch of bad phone screens. They tend to fade after just a short time of use. I've experienced it as soon as the year to 18 month mark. Not sure if it's a known issue or not? However the phone functionality and the visual voicemail feature is a big hit. Deployment is extremely easy with the login and logout function.

biggy213

Reaction score
I just installed PiaF Green with Asterisk 11.16.0 and installe Aastra scripts answer deployed 7 57i's. The scripts still work as great as they ever had. My only complaint with Aastra's is that it seems you can get a batch of bad phone screens. They tend to fade after just a short time of use. I've experienced it as soon as the year to 18 month mark. Not sure if it's a known issue or not? However the phone functionality and the visual voicemail feature is a big hit. Deployment is extremely easy with the login and logout function.
Could you share the script you used. I am running incredible pbx virtual machine.

Anders P. Bergmann

Reaction score
"The best" is a bit of a moving target. There's lots of usable gear out there. You might also ask what you should avoid.

We have oodles of snom7*0 endpoints deployed without issue. They are easy to provision, and support BLF keys, and alert-info for customised rings. We use the Gigaset C610IP for locations that need a cordless phone. Also easy to use and setup.

I am trying to configure Gigaset C530 IP for use with IncrediblePBX hosted on CloudatCost VM (CENTos 7). If anyone is willing to throw this NOVICE a bone, that would be appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.