FOOD FOR THOUGHT Upgrade IPBX Lean to Asterisk 14.02?

markieb

Reaction score
I was wondering if I did a fresh install of the PIAF 13.12.2 Lean Version, is there an easy way to upgrade to Asterisk 14.02, and is it compatible?

I'm still kicking tyres etc. for a brand new server to replace my existing ageing server that's a good few years old now, with all the latest versions of everything etc. and really want the new OPUS codec that's included in Asterisk 14.02.

I'd really appreciate any comments or crits from the horses mouth so to speak ;) @wardmundy

markieb

Reaction score
Thanks @wardmundy :)

Enthusiastically, I followed your link above to the upgrade script, but alas it seems to be for XIVO upgrade?
I'm test driving PIAF Lean install. It's running current Asterisk 13.11.2 after successfully running your upgrade script as per your NEWER Asterisk 13 Upgrade Scripts and all seemed fine.

So taking your advice, I modified your script to download current ver 14 instead, but I seem to stay on current 13.11.2 after running the modified script.

I'm guessing something else needs modifying in the script other than just the asterisk download version?

:crazy:

markieb

Reaction score
Oops! I seem to have made a little BooBoo!.
It's not PIAF lean, it's Incredible PBX Lean install I'd like to upgrade to Asterisk 14.0.2.
All these acronyms got me a tad confused lol :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muneer
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.