TUTORIAL NEWER Asterisk 13 Upgrade Scripts

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Stan-O and @silimms: Sorry these have been so long in coming. There now are separate Asterisk 13 upgrade scripts for RHEL/CentOS/SL and Ubuntu/Debian platforms. Just download and decompress the tarball and run the one for your platform.

Both now support OAuth 2 for Google Voice as well as patched Plain Text Password fix. Other minor quirks have been addressed as well.

To run the Asterisk 13 upgrade script, log into your server as root and issue the following commands. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!
Code:
cd /root
rm -f  upgrade-asterisk13-to-current.tar.gz
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/upgrade-asterisk13-to-current.tar.gz
tar zxvf upgrade-asterisk13-to-current.tar.gz
rm -f upgrade-asterisk13-to-current.tar.gz
# Choose one of the following
./upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-rhel
# OR
./upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-ubuntu

Last edited:

Stan-O

Reaction score
@wardmundy thank you for your prompt reply, I've used the Ubuntu script and it brought my early 13 asterisk to 13.9.1 in almost no time!

Can I use the same script if I decide to switch to OAuth 2 while staying on the same version of asterisk?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just remember to remove all of your GV trunks in the GUI before making the switch.

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Just ran the script on my Asterisk 13 machine on Cloud at Cost and it ran smoothly, finishing in about 20 minutes or so.

Stan-O

Reaction score
Same here, upgraded Asterisk 13.9.1 to 13.10.0 without the hitch on Ubuntu, thanks again for the script!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Scripts have been upgraded (again) to support Asterisk 13.11.x

Code:
cd /root
# OR

Stan-O

Reaction score
Scripts have been upgraded (again) to support Asterisk 13.11.x

Code:
cd /root
# OR

Code:
# grep -n yum upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-ubuntu
88:yum -y install expect
;)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Code:
# grep -n yum upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-ubuntu
88:yum -y install expect
;)

Yes. Thanks. Fixed it, but it was harmless. There's an apt-get install expect about 10 lines above it.

Reaction score
Used this script today on SL to upgrade Asterisk. Asterisk is running according to the CLI, but it doesn't seem to be connecting with the IncrediblePBX Gui anymore. I am also unable to register phones. I have the following error in the GUI:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

What more can I show you to help?

progs_00

Reaction score
Hi Phillip

I had the same exact thing happen to me. Also Asterisk wouldn't come up unless I did a reboot and even after that, it would crash after a few minutes. Also going into the cli would crash asterisk immediately. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to not test first and not have a backup so I passed a really ugly Saturday night/Sunday morning
Anyway what seemed to cause the issue was one of pjsip's modules that had to be manually removed. What I did to solve everything was first a yum update followed by a recompilation using the OLD script and then a new recompilation using the NEW script.
Lesson to learn/remember: ALWAYS DO YOUR BACKUPS and TEST TEST TEST before deploying. FreePBX is an ugly beast that adds a lot of complexity and hides important stuff that you WILL need when things go wrong. If you want any help tell me and I'll be happy to assist you

centrex

Reaction score
With Asterisk 13.13.1 the script also compiles everything OK but asterisk then crashes.

/src/pjsip/sip_endpoint.c:175: pjsip_endpt_register_module: Assertion `pj_list_search(&endpt->module_list, &mod->name, &cmp_mod_name)==((void *)0)' failed.

Does anyone have a working script that can handle CentOS 7, 64 bit and Asterisk 13.13.1 ?

SROSys

Reaction score
Any recent updates? Without digging into the source, it sounds safer to edit the script and use 13.12.1 instead of current. I'll probably wait and/or try it on a clone or VM image.

miguel

Reaction score
I forgot to remove my GV accounts now GV auth says it is down what is the fix could you say, please?

Just remember to remove all of your GV trunks in the GUI before making the switch.

progs_00

Reaction score
Just upgraded to latest asterisk 13.14.0 with no issues.
For all those having issues with previous asterisk versions not starting after an update with the above scripts, do this

Code:
cd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
mv res_pjsip_multihomed.so res_pjsip_multihomed.so.DONT-LOAD

Now BACKUP FIRST and then proceed to upgrading your current version as usual
DON'T DO a yum update. It seems to break some stuff on the way

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.