Need Info: FreePBX Error Message

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Today I started getting the messages pasted below while trying to "Apply Configuration Changes" Can someone please shed some light on what maybe the issue.

thx

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1

Checking for PEAR DB..OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt..OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
Bootstrapping /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
Parsing /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf ..OK
Connecting to database..OK
Connecting to Asterisk manager interface..OK
[FATAL] Failed to get engine_info retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT

1 error(s) occured, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

mruge

Guru
Reaction score
I got this error message on my test system last night. It happened under VMWare Fusion on my Mac. I had just installed the reminders.pbx from Ward.

Michael

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I got this error message on my test system last night. It happened under VMWare Fusion on my Mac. I had just installed the reminders.pbx from Ward.

Michael

Some connection failed. You'd have to check your logs. Not related to Telephone Reminders. :rolleyes:

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Some connection failed. You'd have to check your logs. Not related to Telephone Reminders. :rolleyes:

Telephone reminders was the last thing I installed, just minutes before I had this issue. I reinstalled it, but no joy. Which logs should I check for more info?

thx

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
:icon_bs:This appears to be a FreePBX issue that should be posted on their forum. It's related to retrieving info from MySQL by /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf and doesn't have anything to do with Telephone Reminders... assuming you used our script to install that app. Look at your logs. All of your logs are in /var/log or /var/log/asterisk. Have you tried rebooting your system? If so, proceed to FreePBX Forum. Otherwise, do that first. Does this error pop up when you issue amportal restart??

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
:icon_bs:This appears to be a FreePBX issue that should be posted on their forum. It's related to retrieving info from MySQL by /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf and doesn't have anything to do with Telephone Reminders... assuming you used our script to install that app. All of your logs are in /var/log or /var/log/asterisk. Have you tried rebooting your system? If so, proceed to FreePBX Forum. Otherwise, do that first. Does this error pop up when you issue amportal restart??

I used the script to install reminders and have rebooted. Guess Im headed to the FreePBX Forum.

thx

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Looks like its the same issue listed here . Its a bug in FreePBX.

Anyone know how I can fix this bug, besides reload(which might be the fastest)?

mruge

Guru
Reaction score
After looking at the ticket in the archives, it looks like there is a patch. I am not sure how to apply it.

I will try to look into it when I am off from work.

Michael

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Philippe's response is below. The easiest solution is for someone to confirm that the new beta works...
If the patch that pnlarsson created can be verified by a few independent sources then I would be very happy to put in the same fix into 2.3 and bump a new version of Framework. I assume the other 2 threads reference the same thing. Can you get a few of the community members there to apply and test the patch and provide confirmation back into ticket 2599 that it worked fine and then I will turn it over and publish it.

diplex

Reaction score
I also got the same error after installing reminders.pbx. After reminders.pbx is installed, everything will appear to be running OK, until you try and reload a change on your configuration

From that point on all reload's fail, but the system does continue to operate.

I have done a fresh reinstalled of the system 4 times, and thus, proved to myself that the error only occurs after reminder.pbx is installed.

If I do not install reminders.pbx, the above error does not occur.

foneman

Guru
Reaction score
Glad To

This is the same as I posted yesterday.
exit: 1

Checking for PEAR DB..OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt..OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
Bootstrapping /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
Parsing /etc/amportal.conf ..OK
Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf ..OK
Connecting to database..OK
Connecting to Asterisk manager interface..OK
[FATAL] Failed to get engine_info retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT
1 error(s) occured, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

Close Retry[/quote]

I am having to scrub and reoad. if happens again, I will run the patch.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FIX: Use at your own risk

Against my better judgment, I'm posting a patch to fix this problem because the error seems to completely blow FreePBX out of the water on affected systems. Use at your own risk.

Problem: FreePBX tries to retrieve the version number of Asterisk which is running and it fails for some reason. This causes reloads of FreePBX to fail because the version number is set to 0.

Fix: The simple solution is to hard-code the Asterisk version number into the code. This means, if you upgrade Asterisk versions (or if you already have), you'll need to manually edit /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, search for 1.4.15, and plug in the correct version number after running this patch.

Loading the Patch: Log into your server as root and issue the following commands...
Code:
cd /root
wget http://pbxinaflash.net/scripts/fixconf.zip
unzip fixconf.zip
chmod +x fixconf.sh
./fixconf.sh
[I]chmod 1777 /tmp[/I]
Note: This bug has nothing to do with Telephone Reminders as best I can tell... but I, of course, could be mistaken.

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
WOW, posted my problem, went to dinner and I have a fix. THANKS!!!!

Your patch worked!:smile5:

rmlworld

Reaction score
I've got the same problem

I just installed Weather, Reminders, and Mailcall. I can't reload FreePBX I am getting the same error message. I am guessing reminders killed my box too.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I just installed Weather, Reminders, and Mailcall. I can't reload FreePBX I am getting the same error message. I am guessing reminders killed my box too.

Without getting too deep into the weeds, suffice it to say that FreePBX appears to be making an inappropriate system call to figure out which version of Asterisk you're running. That gets exacerbated by the Telephone Reminders System which makes system calls each minute to check for time stamps of files which should trigger reminder calls. No app gets exclusive use of system calls. If FreePBX was making such an assumption, then that isn't being a good neighbor. :aureola: Philippe has reopened the ticket on this issue which has been an ongoing problem for years as best I can determine.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Never Mind

Doesn't look like the posted FreePBX patch addresses our problem so... use my patch for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Would each of you that experienced this problem kindly log into your server as root, issue the following command, and then post the response below. Thanks.
Code:
asterisk -rx "core show version"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diazgza
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.