wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
CpMQrEBWEAAiAvy.jpg

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+14+Documentation

As a Standard Release, the focus of development for this release of Asterisk included architectural improvements as well as major new features. This includes:

• A new pluggable API for DNS, allowing for asynchronous DNS. PJSIP has been outfitted with asynchronous DNS that fully supports RFC 3264 service location.
  • ARI has been enhanced with new abilities
    • Playback of media can now be done as a list rather than an individual resource. This allows easier application management when playing back multiple sounds/recordings.
    • Channels may be created and dialed separately, rather than as a single origination. This can allow a user to add a channel to a bridge before it has answered in order to facilitate early media.
  • The CURL function has been modified to be able to write retrieved files to disk. This can be used to retrieve media stored on a remote server for playback, for instance.
  • All mechanisms in Asterisk that can play media files can now retrieve remote media over HTTP/HTTPS and play that instead.
  • Extension state (i.e. hints) can now be published over SIP if using the PJSIP library.
It is highly recommended that users of Asterisk upgrading to Asterisk 14 read the UPDATE notes.

A large number of features that have gone into Asterisk 14 were also made periodically during the life-cycle of Asterisk 13. While these changes were introduced periodically, for the purposes of Asterisk 14, all new features that were introduced mid-stream in Asterisk 13 are listed on the New in 14 page.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Don't worry. I'm sure the XiVO developers are playing. XiVO uses compiled/modified code for Asterisk so we'll have to wait a bit for @Sylvain Boily & Co. to release something for Asterisk 14.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible PBX for Asterisk 14 beta with CentOS 6.x (only)

I think we're ready for the pioneers. This is for experimentation only. Version 12 of the GUI was not designed for Asterisk 14 so there probably will be unexpected issues. For progress on version 13 of the GUI, see this thread.

DO NOT USE THIS FOR PRODUCTION!!!

We recommend the Vultr Cloud platform because you can play for free for a number of months with this $20 coupon using our referral link.

1. Choose a server location
2. Choose the CentOS 6 64-bit platform
3. Choose the $5/month server which costs less than a penny an hour

CpM5CUhW8AEG-YW.jpg

INCREDIBLE PBX INSTALLATION

1. Once your server is built, log in as root with the password provided by Vultr. Use SSH or Putty, NOT the console or you may lock yourself out of your own server.

2. Change your root password: passwd

3. Issue the following commands to kick off the install:

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx14-12.2-centos.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx*
./create-swapfile-DO
./IncrediblePBX*

4. The server will reboot after about 10 minutes. Log back in as root and restart the installer:

Code:
./IncrediblePBX*

5. Reboot

6. Log back in and perform the following:
Code:
Make your root password very secure: passwd
Create admin password for GUI access: /root/admin-pw-change
Set your correct time zone: /root/timezone-setup
Create admin password for web apps: htpasswd /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin
Make a copy of your Knock codes: cat /root/knock.FAQ
Decipher IP address and other info about your server: status

7. Switch to a web browser to continue your setup using the Incredible PBX GUI. Tutorial available here.

Last edited:

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Don't worry. I'm sure the XiVO developers are playing. XiVO uses compiled/modified code for Asterisk so we'll have to wait a bit for @Sylvain Boily & Co. to release something for Asterisk 14.

Well, for the moment asterisk 14 is only a beta, so we are not really hurried to use this version ;-). We don't want to maintain different flavors of asterisk, we only want a very stable telecom platform based on robust asterisk version.

For information, i'll be there at Astricon, so if people want to exchange with me about XiVO, i'll be happy to meet you!

chris_c_

Reaction score
Asterisk 13 is LTS is supported until 2018, security fixes until 2019.
Asterisk 14 stable is expected in 2 months, in October, supported for 1 year, security fixes until 2018.
Asterisk 15 LTS stable should be Oct 2017, supported until 2021, security fixes until 2022.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.