Sneak peek at PBX in a Flash 1.2

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Ok some of you have been bugging me for this so here you go

Scheduled Release Date : April 23 , 2099 oops maybe that is not the right year..... hmmmmmm :eek6:

Despite some of the more disparaging comment I have been subjected to as of late below is the change log for PIAF 1.2 both 32 and 64 bit versions.

32 bit is recommended for production machines only
64 bit should be experimented with prior to using it in production.

Each of the 2 new ISO disks support multiple install types and will install Asterisk 1.4 - production or Asterisk 1.6 Beta Edition - Experimenters only need apply

Thus in summary

The new Version of PBX in a Flash ISO will be 1.2

It comes in either 32 bit or 64 bit ISO's

Each ISO can install either Asterisk 1.4 production or Asterisk 1.6 BETA

**PLEASE NOTE The installation Asterisk 1.6 BETA can a very very long time. You really need a high speed connection to successfully install this as it is pulling quite a number of libraries to make it all work. I was going to put the libraries on the ISO's however it would have turned into a DVD so you will have to download them. I suspect once Asterisk 1.6 comes out of beta the install will speed up.

Here is the changelog. There is lots more stuff which I will document as soon as I get a chance to translate my programming notes to english :lol:

I hope this helps the testing has gone well thanks for all the support and it will be released before 2099.....

Tom
==================================

April 18, 2008

ISO's

- Remastered the 64 bit Edition of PBX in a Flash ISO
Based on Joe Ropers Original Work!

- Remastered the 32 bit Edition of PBX in a Flash ISO
Based on Joe Ropers Original Work!

- Changes to ISO's
Updated boot.msg to reflect expanded choices
Updated isolinux.cfg to reflect expanded choices
Added docs folder to ISO
Added a number of new install options. They are:
ks.cfg This is the standard PIAF - Asterisk 1.4 install using LVM formatting
ksalt.cfg This is the standard PIAF - Asterisk 1.4 install using EXT3 formatting
ks-sataraid This is the standard PIAF - Asterisk 1.4 install using simple sata - raid formatting *EXPERIMENTAL*
ksnet This is the standard PIAF - Asterisk 1.4 install but Centos is installed from a remote repository
ks16.cfg This is the standard PIAF - Asterisk 1.6 *BETA* install using LVM formatting
ks16alt.cfg This is the standard PIAF - Asterisk 1.6 *BETA* install using EXT3 formatting
ks16-sataraid This is the standard PIAF - Asterisk 1.6 *BETA* install using simple sata - raid formatting *EXPERIMENTAL*
Updated Centos to 5.1 and ensured rpm's are current as of today

PBX in a Flash Version 1.2

<Both Asterisk 1.4 and 1.6 versions>

- Added new download program which does the following:
Downloads the appropriate payload file from redundant sources and provides feedback if error occurs
Verifies that no transmission errors in the downloaded payload file have occured
Added method to do a local install - *NOTE* This feature is only available to PBX in a Flash Resellers/Partners
Verifies each file in the payload as being complete having no errors
- Rewrote build and compile program of PBX in a Flash to do the following:
All rpm packages are updated to the latest from our local repo
All source files that are contained in the ISO or Load files are updated to the latest
Added fix to allow music on hold to use MP3 files
Completely rewrote the install-pbx and install-pbx16 programs to provide a more consistent install process
Added "Painfully Detailed Logging (c) & tm" to the install process
Load files contain latest Digium source
Patch of Asterisk 1.4 Makefile to include the ASTCFLAGS+=DMYSQL_LOGUNIQUEID flag. Not applied to the 1.6 source
Load files contain latest FreePbx source
*Added all of the freepbx modules to the source. This will facilitate faster installs and less downloads.
Most programs moved over to source compile as opposed to install from binaries. This provides cleaner longer lasting install
All of the source files are installed on the PIAF system.
Updated pbx-help to reflect the new choices
Turned off pcscd by default. This process was causing some arcane problems on certain hardware platforms
Increased php.ini memory_limit to 100M
Increased php.ini max_upload_size to 100M
*Applied most of update-fixes to the source so you should *NOT* need to run update-fixes initially

PBX in a Flash - Asterisk 1.6 BETA only

- Initial release of program
- Contains all of the features of the 1.4 tree with the following exceptions
festival/flite/cepstral is *NOT* working *YET* (we hope to have a patch out shortly)
- Contains the very latest Digium 1.6 source
- Runs under 32 or 64 bit
- This is beta software if it doesn't work you will need to reinstall
- This is beta software if Dgium changes things and it stops working you need to contect Digium NOT the PIAF Development Team
- Did we mention this is beta software and it probably will only take up space on your hard drive
- Come on didn't you read it is beta software? This should not be used in a production environment *EVER*

* = will be implemented in the next pbx_load update!

andygee

Reaction score
Many thanks for the continued distros.....Despite the remarks of some please know that there are many of us that do not feel the same way and that we really do appreciate what you all do for everyone. This is a great community here!!! Thanks again for the hard work, time to start testing the 64 bit version for me.

Thanks!!!

Andy

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I've got a test machine and a spare bluetooth dongle that's been longing to eat up some 1.6 vittles and chan_mobile. Thanks Tom, Joe, Ward and everyone else. This is a great forum and distro.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Many thanks for the continued distros.....Despite the remarks of some please know that there are many of us that do not feel the same way and that we really do appreciate what you all do for everyone. This is a great community here!!! Thanks again for the hard work, time to start testing the 64 bit version for me.

Thanks!!!

Andy

Well I was not trolling for feel good messages. :eek:

But the thought is appreciated. I do work very hard at this and at times the signal to noise ratio is overwhelming. Luckily when the trolls :troll: start their whining it is simply time to have a party and make a much larger signal to noise ratio at this end and give any remarks the due consideration they deserve :spam:

Tom
:party:

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
I've got a test machine and a spare bluetooth dongle that's been longing to eat up some 1.6 vittles and chan_mobile. Thanks Tom, Joe, Ward and everyone else. This is a great forum and distro.

This really is a team effort all the way around. I just got busy and decided to write my own distro generator that takes all the raw bits, updates everything to what is current, generates the iso's, and then uploads the whole mess...

The PIAF dev team went into a huddle and plotted world domination..... er what donuts we like and managed to get this out the door. RTM is busy uploading to Ward's secure server as we speak and once we give it one more kick all should be go for April 23, 8002... 2099... hmm can't seem to get that number quite right....

:reddevil:

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

tbooth

Guru
Reaction score
can you give us a clue on the release date. I have a 40 phone system going in this weekend.

esilver

Reaction score
Question: Will there be a different set of script to patch the Kernal to allow it to run better as a VM Image like we had in the previous version?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
That procedure already has been documented on the forum. We're running out of space on the CD so... no.

Alex728

Guru
Reaction score
nice one - will be just right for when I build my production box!

a few newbie questions though..

1. Will it have Centos 5.1 (and hopefully recognise more network cards out of the box?)
2. is it now safe to use SATA drives with PiAF?
3. (yes I know this is daft) - how do I know if I have a 32 bit or 64 bit processor? (OK for machines I build myself I'd know from the box, but what if I using a ready built machine?)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
nice one - will be just right for when I build my production box!

a few newbie questions though..

1. Will it have Centos 5.1 (and hopefully recognise more network cards out of the box?)
2. is it now safe to use SATA drives with PiAF?
3. (yes I know this is daft) - how do I know if I have a 32 bit or 64 bit processor? (OK for machines I build myself I'd know from the box, but what if I using a ready built machine?)

1. yes with either Asterisk 1.4.19 or 1.6 beta, your choice.
2. probably.
3. see this link.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
To add a bit more to Wards comments:-

1 Yes - we reckon so
2. Absoutely yes, with SATA raid as well if you want it.
3. Most modern hardware is 64 bit. Tests have shown that some machines (according to the bogomips value) get dramatically faster, while others seem to exhibit no appreciable speed increase, however 64 bit can address more memory that 32 bit. The suggestion is put in the 64 bit ISO, and if it fails, you'll know its 32 bit.

Before any one asks, i586 is not supported, so anyone with a Via C3 mobo will have to find another use to put it to - doorstop maybe ?

Joe

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As luck would have it, new security patches for Asterisk 1.4.19 and Asterisk 1.6 beta were released this morning. So... unless you're chomping at the bit, you might want to hold off another day or two until we get the payload files updated. As with prior releases, this will NOT affect the ISO's. :crazy:

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

At least it's only an update to Asterisk. The last time we released the ISO, CentOS went from 5 to 5.1 within 2 days of release.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.