QUIRK SIP call forwarding, no audio, port forwarding?!?

knotworking

Reaction score
My legacy PIAF 1.2 was setup using Follow Me on each extension to ring people's cell phones when a call came in to their extension. The system uses a SIP trunk and no ports are forwarded from the router (AFAIK), it works perfect.

The IncrediblePBX I just setup on a Raspberry Pi at a new location (with a SIP trunk from the same provider) has no audio in either direction on the forwarded calls to cell phones. I did a little research on the forums and found a few solutions (without changing to an IAX trunk), one was to select the checkbox "Confirm Calls" in the Follow Me settings. That works, but it requires the call receiver to press 1 to accept the call. Seems redundant, obviously they want to accept the call, that's why they answered the phone! Another solution was to forward the RTP ports 10000 to 20000 from the router to the PBX, which seems to go against all the advice I've been reading about forwarding ports. Other options involving having an IVR answer the line or similar are not appealing.

I just want the Follow Me to work like it does on my old PIAF system, ring outside phones and initiate the call as soon as the receiver answers the call. Is that an impossibility in today's world without potentially compromising the security of my system??

knotworking

Reaction score
I tried adding that SIP setting first, it had no effect on the (lack of) audio. Checking the "Confirm Call" checkbox was the only way I was able to get audio.

*Update* I realized I had an error in the SIP setting spelling, works perfect now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.