TIPS Follow Me to Cell Phone - No Audio

kenn10

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else has upgraded to Asterisk 11.4.0 and FreePBX 11 and is experiencing issues when an inbound call forwards to an outside number. I have used ring groups with extensions and cell phone for years. After upgrading both components, I get no voice when an inbound call rings to a cell phone and I don't check "Confirm Calls" in the ring group. Unfortunately, there are instances that I don't want to use "Confirm Calls" so this is a problem for me.

This worked prior to wholesale upgrade of Asterisk and FreePBX. So far as I can see, the router is not the issue and all trunks are set to "CanReinvite=NO". It might be FreePBX or it might be Asterisk but my traces are inconclusive.

Anyone else having this issue?

kenn10

Reaction score
This cropped up somewhere between Asterisk 11.0.3-RC1 and the current Asterisk 11.0.4. It could also be in FreePBX as I did not see it occurring until the past few weeks when FreePBX 11 updates were coming down the pipe. Clearly, if the PBX answers first to establish a talk path and then forwards the call, it works. I will try the dial options.

*** UPDATE: Does not work with the r option on the outbound trunks either. The two channels are not getting joined by Asterisk when the other end answers. The only way I can make it work is with a ring group recording or using the "Confirm Calls" option on the ring group.

kenn10

Reaction score
OK. I found this old entry in the forums. It solves the problem with no audio on follow-me or on a cell-phone in a ring group.
You can go to Settings ==> Asterisk SIP Settings at the bottom in the Other SIP Settings, add a line that says:
progressinband=yes and save your settings. That solved my problem with the audio not cutting through.

Here is the original thread: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...ring-group-no-audio-on-external-forward.1393/

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, Kenn10

I just ran into the same problem, used your suggestion and it now works fine.

kenn10

Reaction score
I'm glad it helped. I'm shocked that more users aren't screaming bloody Mary about this issue. It has existed in all Asterisk 11 releases so far.

I don't believe it is the trunk provider either as it happens for me with Aretta, Flowroute, Anveo and Vitelity. Not likely they all would have issues related to me being on Asterisk 11.

Reaction score
I think I might have had this the other day. My cell rang but I didn't hear anything (including the caller screening message). I've just added the setting to mine just in case as well.

stelios

Reaction score
OK. I found this old entry in the forums. It solves the problem with no audio on follow-me or on a cell-phone in a ring group.
You can go to Settings ==> Asterisk SIP Settings at the bottom in the Other SIP Settings, add a line that says:
progressinband=yes and save your settings. That solved my problem with the audio not cutting through.

Here is the original thread: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/in...ring-group-no-audio-on-external-forward.1393/
regarding the problem i have the same but it did not worked. any other suggestions?

kenn10

Reaction score
regarding the problem i have the same but it did not worked. any other suggestions?
Create a system announcement of a short period of silence. Put the announcement on the find me/follow me screen in the announcement slot. The effect is that the PBX will answer the call, play silence for whatever period you have recorded, and then ring the members of the Follow Me group. This insures that there is a voice path established to the incoming call before bridging in the follow me group.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.