NO JOY Do not disturb (DND) for external calls only

balefireeyed

Reaction score
I installed the fop2 and other users said that when setting the available function within FOP2 to 'other' that they could still receive internal calls, but not external calls, and they really liked that. I wasn't aware of it myself, but yesterday I was told that it wasn't functioning (setting to other exibits normal DND function). The Presence Box DND Integration plugin is not enabled and that hasn't been changed.
Yesterday I did add dial plan changes to the from-internal-custom context, though I did not remove anything from it. The dialplan that I added was to allow an extension to join a specific set of queues that the user didn't normally login to with *45. Nicolas (fop2 dev) said that he wasn't ever aware of the fop2 status being any different between internal and external calls, so it was most likely specific to my system.
SO, my question becomes, can I write up a custom dialplan that will allow users to go into DND normally with calls coming from the trunk, but allow internal callers to still call? Is it possible? I'm pretty sure that the fop2 panel uses the asterisk DND feature code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.