I HAVE A DREAM Monitor the presence under one 'umbrela' for multiple extensions

balefireeyed

Reaction score
I would like to monitor the presence of more than one extension tied to the same phone state.

For example, if I have a list of three BLF line keys on my phone, each tied to the state of a user's deskphone, but each of those users also have a smartphone as well as an app phone, it would be great to know if they were on one of those phones via the same BLF line key. OR, if someone is watching the FOP2 screen, and I've de-cluttered the screen, then the presence of that button would change if one of the other devices that was removed from the panel is in use.

Please tell me that is possible in one way or another! Thank you.

balefireeyed

Reaction score
Wow, I spent half an hour search the internet and the forums and there it is. Thank you Igaetz. I tried your method using my own test extensions:

Code:
vi extensions_override_freepbx.conf
[ext-local]
exten => 222,hint,SIP/222&Custom:DND222&SIP/233

However, when 222 picks up the phone, 233 doesn't show up as busy in fop2 and vice versa.

balefireeyed

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Igaetz! You were right, they both showed up as InUse.

Code:
Connected to Asterisk 11.10.0 currently running on testpbx (pid = 4926)

testpbx*CLI> core show hint 222
                    222@ext-local           : SIP/222&Custom:DND22  State:InUse           Watchers  0
1 hint matching extension 222
testpbx*CLI> core show hint 233
                    233@ext-local           : SIP/233&Custom:DND23  State:InUse           Watchers  0

balefireeyed

Reaction score
I should also note that the status in FOP2 did not change for 233 while extension 222 was on the phone, so as you said, I'll have to look for an alternative solution for FOP2.

balefireeyed

Reaction score
Nicolas, as always replied back with great information. Now I have a lot of tools in my toolbag, thank you very much for all of your help. I've pasted Nicolas' solution below for anyone else who ends up on this forum post.

FOP2 does not use hints. Hints did not even existed when FOP was developed. FOP2 tracks states based on channels. IF you want one button to monitor more than one channel, you can go to the "buttons" page in the FOP2 manager and add the extra channel name in the channel field. The only problem here is that you cannot have a separate button for the other channel. So, suppose you have:

SIP/100
and
SIP/200

and you want to monitor state for both channels in just one button, then edit SIP/100 extension button and add SIP/200 to the channel field. And then disable SIP/200 if it appears in the button page as a separate one.

Best regards,

Nicolás Gudiño

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_NOBODY_
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.