TUTORIAL Digium D70 and PIAF Installer for Digium DPMA Module

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
I picked up a D70 to play with but am having a bit of a time figuring out the "proper" way to bring it into Piaf. I have the Digium module installed and the freebee license. I couldn't get anywhere with the phone until I entered it in the Endpoint Manager. Somehow in all my playing I did manage to get the phone to as me which extension is should be and "poof" it came up with the proper ext number and the buttons down the right side show all the other extensions! Very cool! Just wish I knew what I did so I could repeat it.

Is there a doc somewhere that takes you step by step through adding a D70 to a Piaf system? The right way? :)

Secondary questions:
how to get it to show the proper time on the display? (changed all the time zone I can find)
how to control which ext's show up on the button panel on the right?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
edisoninfo: We lost the tutorial in the Great Trainwreck of 2013, but I found the installer for PIAF-Green with Asterisk 11 to get you started. Be sure to read through the script to make certain it's still current. I haven't had time to check it.

p.s. Special thanks to malcolmd who helped us put this together way back when.

Code:
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/install-digphones.tar.gz

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
edisoninfo Did you ever manage to set the correct time, I have the same problem on the phones, the server is correct but the phones are off -4 hr, I tried different ntp servers but no luck.

Did you use the install script install-digphones, Mine failed so I installed manually, Ward you mentioned the script may not be current here is the error i got.

Saving to: âres_digium_phone-11.0_1.5.1-x86_32.tar.gzâ

100%[==================================================================================================>] 510,075 169K/s in 3.0s

2013-06-12 09:23:41 (169 KB/s) - âres_digium_phone-11.0_1.5.1-x86_32.tar.gzâ

tar: res_digium_phone-11.0_1.6.0-x86_32: Not found in archive
tar: res_digium_phone-11.0_1.6.0-x86_32.tar.gz: Not found in archive
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
./install-digphones: line 46: cd: res_digium_phone-11.0_1.5.1-x86_32.tar.gz: Not a directory
cp: cannot stat `*.so': No such file or directory
Done.
You should be good to go now. Loading module...
Unable to load module res_digium_phone.so
Command 'module load res_digium_phone.so' failed.
OK, Valid product license found

Regards,

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
There's a new release. Either download the updated script or make this adjustment:
Code:
  echo "Installing res_digium_phone module for Asterisk..."
  if [ -z "$test" ]; then
    echo "This is 32-bit CentOS system."
    wget http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/res_digium_phone/asterisk-11.0/x86-32/res_digium_phone-11.0_1.6.0-x86_32.tar.gz
    tar zxvf res_digium_phone-11*
    cd res_digium_phone-11*
    cp *.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/.
  else
    echo "This is 64-bit CentOS system."
    wget http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/res_digium_phone/asterisk-11.0/x86-64/res_digium_phone-11.0_1.6.0-x86_64.tar.gz
    tar zxvf res_digium_phone-11*
    cd res_digium_phone-11*
    cp *.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/.
  fi
  echo "Done."

malcolmd: The problem is that Digium provides a "current version" for part of the components but not for this piece. So... until this gets sorted out on the Digium side, the installer will break every time there is a new release of res_digium_phone because we have no way to identify when it happens other than waiting for the train wreck. Could we get a res_digium_phone-11.0_latest added, pretty please? :drool5:

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
No I never did get the time on the phone to display correctly. I finally got the phone working and left it. I have not had time to mess with it again. Sorry.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
The time zone setting is sitting right there in the GUI just didn't see it all day yesterday, a fresh look this morning and whatda you know. Under General settings turn Easy mode off, then under Phones use Edit and it's right there. :eek:

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
When I connected the D70 to my Piaf box it appears to have disabled the GUI. I have searched everywhere for some sort of .conf file that controls the timezone but so far no luck.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
It's under the FreePBX GUI. under Connectivity / Digium Phones forgot to put that in.

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
Still no luck setting the timezone or finding anything related to it in the GUI. I changed the "Easy Mode" to off which revealed several more buttons and options but nothing to do with time. Clicking "Reconfigure" button beside this phone extension does nothing but make the GUI refresh. I expected some sort of edit settings screen to pop up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.