Yealink Telnet Root Password

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Does anyone know the root password for yealink phones?

I know the typical admin:admin but that's not giving me access to the files I want because root created them.

I looked on google for a good hour and didn't come up with anything!

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
In the security section there is a place to put in certificates ??
not sure if that helps.

Gary

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
tm1000,

Did you ever figure out the root password. Which Yealink phone is it?

I was able to root a VP-2009, recently. I may be able to help even if it's not the same model.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
I never found out the root password.

Instead I learned that the shadow file is not protected and you can over-write it as a regular user. So I just copied my ssh password onto the root password and voila! It worked. :D

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
The VP-2009 was a bigger challenge. There was enough information in the syslog file that allowed me to do some poking around. One thing led to another and I was able to add a user with root access.

I could have changed root's password, but I didn't want to take a chance on making it non-functional. From what you're telling me, it shouldn't be a problem. Glad to hear you found a way in! :hurray:

jbanach

Reaction score
I apoligize for being slow here but my google skills have failed me as well.

How do I even enable telnet on the yealink phones. I've tried it on both 22 and 23 and it seems to just barf back with no connection.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
You have to enable it in the configuration settings. It's turned off by default.

I apoligize for being slow here but my google skills have failed me as well.

How do I even enable telnet on the yealink phones. I've tried it on both 22 and 23 and it seems to just barf back with no connection.

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
In case anyone has the VP-2009, telnet was already enabled with no option to enable or disable. I never found any information on what root's password was, so I wound up rooting the phone.

Apparently, Yealink's other products give you this option. The VP-2009 is my only experience with Yealink thus far. If anyone is interested in the process I used, I can start a new thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.