PIONEERS Yealink T46G phone

Reaction score
I tested this on my setup and everything works as it should. I provided an answer and some suggestions over on the Yealink forum site but I'll copy them below just so we have them here:

I tried this on mine and it works fine.....

How is your t*f*t*p set up on the Auto Provision screen? I have the entry:

t*f*t*p://192.168.0.185

in the "Server Url" box under Settings -> Auto Provision.

This is more direct than having the DHCP server tell the phone (thru opt 66) what the t*f*t*p server address is.

Upgrade your firmware if you haven't done so already:

ftp://Cathy:[email protected]/fir...1.0.85.rom

Check the PHONES logfile under Settings -> Configuration , perhaps even set up a Syslog server so you can watch it realtime because the t*f*t*p log from your server logs "calls" but doesn't really tell you if the file was successfully opened and read. The log from the phone will.

Add the line:

voice.side_tone = -3

to your configuration file under the "Phone Features" section and reboot the phone. If you suddenly have sidetone on the phone you'll know the file is actually be accessed correctly. If it doesn't change we know the file in general isn't being accessed.

Update (9/11/13):
There is of course later firmware and the range of the sidetone parameter has changed to "0" to "-48". A value of -8 is about right. After changing the parameter in the global configuration file you must then click on Autoprovision Now from the phones GUI "Settings" tab. You then may have to pick up the handset, switch to the speaker and then back to the handset. You should hear the change immediately. Occasionally a power down is required but the switch from handset to speaker seems to do the trick.
Also, if you do a firmware upgrade the sidetone may go away and an Autoprovision may not bring it back (bug reported) unless you actually CHANGE the sidetone parameter in the server based global config file and then do an Autoprovision. Apparently if the phone determines that the config file is unchanged it doesn't force a re-provision.

jfmorris

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Brian. I'll check into all of this Monday. I've already had to specify the t*f*t*p://10.1.1.2 option on the phone itself. I tried for quite some time to get the DHCP option 66 to work, and finally gave up. I will also check the firmware version on the phones on Monday morning as well. One would hope to have the latest version on a brand new phone (got these at Telephony Depot), but I suppose there could always be something newer.

Reaction score
It is unlikely that your phone has the new firmware yet.

I'm assuming your not running OPENVPN on the phones. DHCP options over VPN can be a config issue at times.

If you download the Auto Provisioning guide zip file:

http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfi...0&flag=142

within that file are clean example config files.

You may already have that but I've included it for the benefit of others.

This phone is obviously very new so many people haven't set up detailed config files yet.

jfmorris

Reaction score
Ok - I've now got two phones properly reading the CFG files. I think what happened was I had some messed up stuff in the MAC.cfg files, because I had started with the ones I generated from the FreePBX end point manager, with the T38 selected. I blew all the CFG files in the t*f*t*p folder away, and edited clean copies of the Common.cfg and Mac.cfg files from Yealink, and all is well.

Now I am trying to figure out how to deploy the updated firmware you pointed me at. I guess I just throw that in the root of the t*f*t*p server? How do I trigger an upgrade on all the phones?

Jim

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've built a Call Forwarding Status module for the T46G that returns a list of all the current Call Forwards on your Asterisk PBX using Phone Genie.

genie.jpg

Installation:
  1. Install latest Yealink XML Apps from Nerd Vittles
  2. Install Phone Genie on your server from Best of Nerd Vittles
  3. Download cf.tar.gz into /var/www/html/yealink
  4. Untar the file: tar zxvf cf.tar.gz
  5. Edit cf.php and insert your Phone Genie password
  6. Add cf.php to your list of apps in piaf.php with the following code:
PHP:
echo '<MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<Prompt>PIAF Call Forwarding Status</Prompt>'."\n";
echo "<URI>http://$internip/yealink/cf.php</URI>"."\n";
echo '</MenuItem>'."\n";

Attachments

• cf.tar.gz
    1.4 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
They just keep coming! Once you have a good platform like the T46G its easy to get motivated! :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
They just keep coming! Once you have a good platform like the T46G its easy to get motivated! :)

Yep. And now that we have Phone Genie functioning properly, there's really no Asterisk data that can't be collected and displayed on the Yealink T46G. You basically can change the http: line in cf.php and retrieve or display anything you could get using the Asterisk CLI.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've built a 3-Day Call Detail Report (CDR) module for the T46G. It has all the CDR components documented so you can adjust it to meet your own requirements.

Installation:
  2. Download cdr.tar.gz into /var/www/html/yealink
  3. Untar the file: tar zxvf cdr.tar.gz
  4. Add cdr.php to your list of apps in piaf.php with the following code:
PHP:
echo '<MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<Prompt>PIAF 3-Day Call Detail Report</Prompt>'."\n";
echo "<URI>http://$internip/yealink/cdr.php</URI>"."\n";
echo '</MenuItem>'."\n";

NOTE: If you are using this on a Raspberry Pi, run the following command to adjust the MySQL password:
Code:
sed -i 's|passw0rd|raspberry|' cdr.php

Attachments

• cdr.tar.gz
    1.7 KB · Views: 37

Taylor

Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed in there T46G Call logs it says Today's Calls are from Yesterday and the actual calls from Yesterday are displayed with the Day of the week?

Reaction score
Yes.... the issue has been reported to Yealink. A general time calculation issue can be demonstrated if you change config for time to manual. The system will accept a number like 23hrs and after a save will become 0. 22 becomes 23 etc. Sent them a video also. Just a cosmetic issue right now that shows up in the evening. Check the Yealink forum for other issues.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've built three new RSS-like feeds for the Asterisk, FreePBX, and PIAF Forum Latest Posts for the T46G.

Installation:
  2. Download forums.tar.gz into /var/www/html/yealink
  3. Untar the file: tar zxvf forums.tar.gz
  4. Add the following to your list of apps in piaf.php with the following code:
PHP:
echo '<MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<Prompt>Latest Postings: Asterisk Forum</Prompt>'."\n";
echo "<URI>http://$internip/yealink/asterisk.php</URI>"."\n";
echo '</MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<Prompt>Latest Postings: FreePBX Forum</Prompt>'."\n";
echo "<URI>http://$internip/yealink/freepbx.php</URI>"."\n";
echo '</MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<MenuItem>'."\n";
echo '<Prompt>Latest Postings: PBX in a Flash Forum</Prompt>'."\n";
echo "<URI>http://$internip/yealink/piaf-forum.php</URI>"."\n";
echo '</MenuItem>'."\n";

Attachments

• forums.tar.gz
    2 KB · Views: 14

paulhuynh

Reaction score
I would love to donate money to piaf or paid a bounty if we could get most if not all the xml feature from aastra over to yealink

like visual voicemail / status / call forwarding / parking / paging group / and so on.... oh only if my dream could come true.... just a great phone only if yealink would spend some r&d with the xml stuff......

Reaction score
I'm sure others with greater knowledge will comment but I believe this is more of an "ownership" issue. Any organized entity that utilizes the methodology of the these features would be in violation of certain patents or at least that is the assertion. Aastra chose to walkaway from the scripts rather than get into a fight over them. Individuals have made adjustments to the scripts as Aastra phone firmware and Asterisk changed and quietly made them available to others. Technically those people would be in violation also but its a question of how willing the claimed owners of some of these methodologies are wiling to pursue individuals vs. entities. As I recall the Visual Voicemail feature was one of the major issues. Perhaps someone needs to design a new approach to some of these features, the problem is the willingness to defend even a totally unjustified legal attack.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
We hear you. You never know what the future holds.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FWIW: Some of the Visual Voicemail patents are still alive... at least until the end of this year.

pacpac

Reaction score
In order to increase the sensitivity of the mic I understand I need to amend this line "voice.handset_send = " in the y000000000028.cfg file. Can anyone help in a procedure of how I download the .cfg file from the T46G, make the changes and upload it to the phone? Thanks.

Add: I do not need to do this remotely.

Reaction score
the cfg file needs to be on a t*f*t*p server (there are other methods see the Yealink website T46G manuals for info) so the phone can access it. The cfg file does not reside on the phone. There are many parameters that can be set which are too numerious to include in the WebGUI of the phone. Also the config file allows for a central configuration of common items.

http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfiles_detail.aspx?ProductsID=567&CateID=310&flag=142

pacpac

Reaction score
If I understand correctly, the .cfg file resides on a server, then the phone picks up and maintain the configuration until there is a change in the .cfg file? I have installed t*f*t*p server where I have PBX in a flash etc., and have the directory /tftpboot. From Yealinks site I have a Common.cfg file. Do I upload the Common.cfg file to /tftpboot? If so, do I rename it to y000000000028.cfg? In the phones setting, is it correct I set t*f*t*p://myserverip/tftpboot or only t*f*t*p://myserverip? Under password/username us that root and 'mypassword"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.