PIONEERS Yealink T46G phone

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've added a new Photo of the Day app to the Applications menu to let you sample the fantastic screen resolution and automatic resizing capabilities of the T46G. For the time being we are featuring Midori Chan's Google+ photos from Lilliphoto. Very impressive and the possibilities are endless. PowerPoint anyone?

DSC_8240EEa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Still Learning HINT: Positioning XML Browser apps on your phone deserves some careful thought. If you use one of the four SoftKeys at the bottom of the display or if you use one of the cursor keys, keep in mind that these SoftKey and cursor key functions get replaced temporarily whenever you are in the midst of a call. So... if you want to be able to access an app using the XML Browser feature, it may be best to position it on one or more of the 27 line keys to the left and right of the display. Then they are always visible and accessible while you're in a call. For example, it would be easy to load PowerPoint slides into an XML app for conference participants to review while in the midst of a conference call.

By the way, Button 10 turns into a More button once you add enable an 11th button.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If you need some good Ringtones for your T46G, here is a good source for .wav files. Zube Tube should make the Little Mrs. happy. :001 icon16:

You will need to run them through sox on your PIAF server once you download them. Here's the proper command:
Code:
sox chimes.wav -r 8000 -U -c 1 chimes2.wav

Once you have the .wav file in the proper format, open the Browser interface to your phone. Choose Settings, Preference, Load Ringtone. Pick the file from your desktop. Then click Upload button. Finally, choose the Ring Type pull-down and pick the .wav file you just uploaded.

Reaction score
I'm happy to see the Yealink T46G awarded this honor. Every phone is a compromise but this phone has just the right mix at just the right time and the price - value balance is very impressive. I have to give their designers a lot of credit in creating a visually appealing and very functional design.

If anyone's documentation was perfect and covered every scenario we wouldn't need these forums but I have to say that I'm very impressed with the full compliment of documentation that was available at release time. It's reassuring to see that the company has formal documentation standards that must be fulfilled before a product is released. The Web GUI is extensive, mature and almost everything can also be configured through the well documented configuration files that can be set up on a server if need be.

The phones ability to function as an OpenVpn client is a real differentiator. I had it up and running down at the shore last week. I couldn't stop marveling about how far we've come over the last few years in the VOIP arena. Imagine a full featured extension of my system on a great phone!

Getting a VPN and Asterisk running happily together is not for the faint of heart but it seems pretty easy once you've done it.

For Aastra users this phone will feel like the next iteration that Aastra should have delivered some time ago.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I was in cd /root when I ran the wget and tar. what happened is it created var/www/html/yealink/and all the php files with in the /root, but I belive the files should have been placed in /var/www/html/yealink also is there only supposed to .php files and no .xml files.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I was in cd /root when I ran the wget and tar. what happened is it created var/www/html/yealink/and all the php files with in the /root, but I belive the files should have been placed in /var/www/html/yealink also is there only supposed to .php files and no .xml files.

Just delete that tree and cd / before decompressing the file. See instructions in article. :chef:

BPSQFXaCEAA8-pZ.jpg:large

File collection is correct. There is a link to the PBX in a Flash RSS Feed which is an .xml file. The other .php files all generate XML output. See article for details. :arabia:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

We've added an SMS Messaging with Google Voice application to the collection now. It is documented in the updated Nerd Vittles article. If you've already installed the previous version, delete it: rm -r /var/www/html/yealink. Then reinstall and configure using the Nerd Vittles tutorial. NOTE: There are a couple of prerequisites to use the SMS Messaging app. They are covered in the article.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Only $164 on Amazon...

Ordered one from Telephony Depot :rolleyes:

jfmorris

Reaction score
First things first - your discussion and various reviews of the T46G prompted me to buy 18 of them to outfit our small office as we switch from an old Samsung "digital" phone system to VOIP. So far, I am very pleased with the quality of these phones, and everything is working great.

That said, I am having issues provisioning these phones. The are loading both y000000000028.cfg and the MAC.cfg file, based on looking at the t*f*t*p related log messages on the Linux system. But... I cannot for the life of me get any key assignments to take. All phones show the local extension name next to the Line 1 button, and that's it.

I've tried using the FreePBX end point manager to generate config files - selecting the closest thing that is shown - the T38. No luck. I've taken the ones I got from Yealink that are for the T46G, and modified the entries like this:

linekey.1.line = 1
linekey.1.value = 101
linekey.1.pickup_value = *78
linekey.1.type = 16
linekey.1.label = Dwight
And so on. Nothing ever shows up. I've tried all sorts of line values (0 and 1 anyway), and have tried assigning keys on the EXP40 set as well, and just am stuck on this.
I can put these phones on everyone's desks, but I really do NOT want to have to use the web browser to each phone, and manually setup all of their DSS keys. I want to be able to manage those from the server.
Any help is appreciated.
Oh - has anyone noticed that when using DHCP time server assignment, that the "auto" setting on the phone for DST does not work? I had to turn it ON, and set the dates for DST, before I could get it to work properly.

Jim
Huntsville, Alabama

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Welcome jfmorris! Haven't personally played with the auto-provisioning, but I think a few others here have so stay tuned. In the meantime, I'd recommend you post this on the Yealink Forum. Folks from Yealink Support typically respond to issues like this in less than 24 hours.

jfmorris

Reaction score
Welcome jfmorris! Haven't personally played with the auto-provisioning, but I think a few others here have so stay tuned. In the meantime, I'd recommend you post this on the Yealink Forum. Folks from Yealink Support typically respond to issues like this in less than 24 hours.

Thanks Ward. I'll go post there and see if I can get a response. I have no issue getting BLF lines to work if I program them (one by one) onto the phone, using the phone's web page. Not manageable long term though.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
jfmorris: If you're in a time crunch, look under Settings, Configuration in the web GUI and set up one phone. Then export it to your desktop. Then you can at least import it quickly to every other phone using the web GUI.

jfmorris

Reaction score
Ok - I will do that next week, if I don't have an answer by then. I've still got 21 phones piled up in my office, and am waiting on my resident electrician to run new phone lines from the closet where the current PBX resides, to the server room, where I've got a Dell 1U machine with Digium cards installed. Once I have all these phones deployed on desks and working internally, we will move the phone lines over to the Digium card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.