Yealink T28P - can't get BLF indicators to light up

grahamwright1

Reaction score
Hi,

I just picked up a Yealink T28P to evaluate for replacing a site full of Grandstream GXP2000's, and I'm really impressed with the build and sound quality of these T28's. The one problem I'm having is I can't get the BLF light indicators to come on, while all the GXP-2000's just worked when I initially configured them.

These are running the latest firmware from their site (V5).

Does anyone know the steps necessary to get the BLF light's working on these units?

Thanks,
Graham

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
go back to their website, and look at their how-to pdf files - there is a specific one on how to set this up - takes minutes - and asterisk does not even need to know about it - the phone does it internally between them....

grahamwright1

Reaction score
go back to their website, and look at their how-to pdf files - there is a specific one on how to set this up - takes minutes - and asterisk does not even need to know about it - the phone does it internally between them....

I must be getting old and my eyesight is failing, because I cant see anything on the Support page beyond the Quick Guide, Quick Install, User Manual, and the firmware downloads.Are the "HoTo" files somewhere else?

Another complication may be the fact that I only have one T28P here for testing and all my other units are the GXP-2000's so a T28P to T28P solution for BLF probably wont work in my current environment until I make the global switch to the T28P's.

Thanks,
Graham

golfnut

Guru
Reaction score
T26 BLF Working with TB

I have a T26 registered to a TB server (w/ asterisk 1.4.22) and my BLF is working perfectly. I did not make any changes on the TB. All I did was go to the DSS settings on the T26 admin page, select BLF for the appropriate key I wanted to program, the and entered the extension I wanted to monitor in BOTH the extension and pickup number field.

I only have one of these phones but have been extremely impressed with the customization. The only thing I struggle with is having it correctly display the time for the central timezone during daylight savings time.

MyKroFt

Guru
Reaction score
ok, it starts at page 53 of the user manual - there is a section on BLF

Myk

grahamwright1

Reaction score
I have a T26 registered to a TB server (w/ asterisk 1.4.22) and my BLF is working perfectly. I did not make any changes on the TB. All I did was go to the DSS settings on the T26 admin page, select BLF for the appropriate key I wanted to program, the and entered the extension I wanted to monitor in BOTH the extension and pickup number field.

I only have one of these phones but have been extremely impressed with the customization. The only thing I struggle with is having it correctly display the time for the central timezone during daylight savings time.

I'll try setting the pickup number field on Monday and se if that works - thanks!

Sounds like the timezone issue should be an easy fix on their next release. Have you reported it to them?

golfnut

Guru
Reaction score
I'll keep this short because I don't want to hi-jack this thread. I did some research and it appears that GMT- -5 does not observe DST, instead they switch to GMT -6 for DST.

grahamwright1

Reaction score
Were you able to get this to work?

No.

In my current office we have all Grandstream GXP2000's and the BLF works perfectly for all of them. The T28P I'm testing is the only non-Grandstream device on the network and all the lights are blank.

Pressing the button dials the 3 digit extension associated with it, but there's no indicator lights at all.

golfnut

Guru
Reaction score
I would suggest configuring a new extension and register it to a device or softphone. Configure your Yealink to monitor this extension with BLF. Then, run a "core show hints" from the Asterisk CLI and see if the extension has any watchers.

I indicated earlier that I had this working with a TB server but I have also just configured my yealink to monitor a PIAF extension. Nothing special was required.

golfnut

Guru
Reaction score
I was tinkering with this some more. What "line" did you choose when setting up the BLF. This has to match the line of the server you are registered to. If line one of your phone is registered to your PIAF, then you must choose line one. I have my yealink registered to two different servers. Account one is registered to a TB and mapped to lines 1 and 2 and account 3 is registered to PIAF and mapped to line 3. If I configure the Yealink to monitor a PIAF extension but tell it to use the TB line it will execute calls correctly but not show a lighted key. The "line" field is to tell the phone which server to monitor, not which line to call out on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.