Yealink T23G phone slower after upgrade to V84

Johann

Reaction score
I have noticed that firmware version V84 causes a T23G to be noticeably slower than firmware version V81.
I can replicate this on all T23Gs I tried it on.

The menu is slower to navigate, as well as when you press digits when the phone is on hook, there is often, not always, a delay as to when the phone actually reacts.
I see that especially if the phone has been idle for a while.
I don't see that on other phones like T42Gs.

My guess is that the hardware specs of the phone are too low to handel the increasing number of features after each upgrade.
When I downgrade things are back to normal.

I could probably live with the slowness, but my concern is that audio quality might be impacted as well.

Should I rather stay on version V81?

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
TBH I'd go ahead and ask this on the Yealink forum. They would be able to comment and others might be able to say.

I find the yealinks do need firmware updates to fix weird stuff - even choppy voice has been fixed by firmware updates in our experience. Does it matter that it's slower?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.