TRY THIS XiVO / Wazo TollFree SIP trunk

Reaction score
Is there a way in XiVO to implement a custom SIP trunk for toll free calls. I route all of my toll free calls through IdeaSIP. In Incredible PBX I just set up a custom trunk with the following custom dial string:

SIP/[email protected]

IdeaSIP doesn't require an account or registration, simply route the toll free calls to this custom trunk in Incredible PBX. I have been using this for a couple of years successfully in Incredible PBX.

In XiVO, I can add a specific toll free number to xivo-extrafeatures.conf, borrowing from Ward's article on adding custom SIP URI dialing:

;# // BEGIN SpeedDials
SIP/[email protected]
exten = 6840,1,Dial(SIP/[email protected]) ; IdeaSIP tollfree termination
;# // END SpeedDials

Now when I dial extension 6840 it will dial that toll free number, but what I would like to do is to make phone number generic, like the Incredible PBX example above, where the variable $OUTNUM$ is used for the actual number to dial.

Is there a way to do this in XiVO? Either through the GUI, CLI, adding code to the extensions_extra.d, or any other method?

Sorry, but I am not an Asterisk guru by any stretch, but if pointed in the right direction I could probably figure something out...

Thanks for any assistance!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@David Foxworth: Try this in /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d/xivo-extrafeatures.conf ...

Code:
;# // BEGIN TollFree
exten = _1800NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1888NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1877NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1866NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1855NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1844NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1833NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
;# // END TollFree

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've actually added this to today's build of the Incredible PBX 14 installer for Wazo. Here's the code for anyone that wants to add it to an existing XiVO/Wazo server:
Code:
echo "Adding IdeaSIP TollFree U.S. calling to Wazo..."
sed -i '\:// BEGIN TollFree:,\:// END TollFree:d' /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d/xivo-extrafeatures.conf
echo ';# // BEGIN TollFree
exten = _1800NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1888NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1877NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1866NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1855NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1844NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
exten = _1833NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${CALLERID(dnid)}@proxy.ideasip.com)
;# // END TollFree
' >> /etc/asterisk/extensions_extra.d/xivo-extrafeatures.conf
asterisk -rx "dialplan reload"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Ward, that did the trick! Interesting that they use the variable ${CALLERID(dnid)} to represent the phone number being called.

I also dial the number without the 1 prefix to route tollfree calls through ArcTele. So using your example above:
exten = _888NXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/1${CALLERID(dnid)}@tf.arctele.com)

I do this for a fallback, as sometimes IdeaSIP's tollfree routing is down. I like to have several options...especially since they are the right price!

EDIT: I modified the Arctele dial string to work by adding a 1 in front of the ${CALLERID(dnid)} variable...

Thanks!

Last edited:

directionpointer

Reaction score
Just an update that they are now issuing Toll Free numbers in the 833 Prefix. Just a heads up to anyone making toll free dial plans in their systems.

Matt Kaufman

Reaction score
Is there anyway to make this work even when the user includes the 1 prefix in the toll free number?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manne
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.