jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to set up following
http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18324

I got to the set password then this:

root@PBX:~# ./wizard.py "test"

Configuring XiVO. Please wait...
Login to web interface as root with web password.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./wizard.py", line 47, in <module>
c.wizard.create(wizard)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/commands/wizard.py", line 28, in create
response = self.session.post(url, body, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 70, in post
self.check_response(response, check_response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 47, in check_response
response.raise_for_status()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/models.py", line 825, in raise_for_status
raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Input Error - network: {'domain': [u'Field may not be null.']}
root@PBX:~#

TIA

Jeff

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Sounds like you forgot the hostname line before you ran the wizard. Blow it away and start over.

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like you forgot the hostname line before you ran the wizard. Blow it away and start over.

hostname `hostname -s`

Is the hostname -s within the ' ' the same hostname that is setup when you set up the server?

Thanks,

Jeff

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
I have same problem.
Can you confirm?
Suppose my server is at abcd.domain.com
then should I issue the command:
hostname `abcd -s`
?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Rrrr No. Don't change anything. Just enter the command as shown in the Linux CLI as part of your install: hostname `hostname -s`

Or you can simply enter: hostname xivo

The current XiVO version (until next week) requires a single word domain with no periods, and this command makes that happen before you run the wizard.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
thanks, but I still get same problem as OP.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
(Note: I am not on impactvps, but on DigitalOcean, sorry)

I have now set up my droplet 3x.

1) I get the above errors, same as OP.
2) I get locked out of SSH and web access after a few minutes

Following 1) I try to go through the web configuration pages of xivo (note: there one also sets the hostname, in my case abcd) and then SIP / local network addresses (192.168.10.0 and publicippart1.publicippart2.0.0)

And it seems to me it is each time after I run the commands for # Travelin' Man 3 IPtables WhiteList Firewall, I am being locked out of both web access and ssh access, which may be related to the way I set up hostname or local network address?

Update:
...it just happened to me again. Locked out, even though iptables allow my ip address full access.

Update 2:
Forget the above. This time, I did not run:
# automated XiVO web configurator and
# Travelin' Man 3 IPtables WhiteList Firewall

but I went straight into xivo web configuration. After a few minutes I got locked out again, so the cause may more likely be somewhere in the settings I applied in the web configurator...

Last edited:

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thanks for asking.
Since I am not on impactvps, I have opened a new thread here and list my inputs for the XIVO web configurator.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The reason for the wizard in the first place was because the web configurator was having problems on some VM platforms.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
I did run the wizard and the result is below.
In subsequent iterations of starting all over, I continued with or skipped the next step "# Travelin' Man 3 IPtables WhiteList Firewall",
and I went on to log in at pbx.mydomain.com where I faced the regular XIVO web configurator, assuming this was regular behaviour.

./wizard.py "MyAlphapassword"
Configuring XiVO. Please wait...
Login to web interface as root with web password.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./wizard.py", line 47, in <module>
c.wizard.create(wizard)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/commands/wizard.py", line 28, in create
response = self.session.post(url, body, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 70, in post
self.check_response(response, check_response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 47, in check_response
response.raise_for_status()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/models.py", line 825, in raise_for_status
raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Input Error - network: {'domain': [u'Field may not be null.']}

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As noted elsewhere (we now have multiple threads going on this), if you run the wizard on the Digital Ocean platform, you've permanently broken the install and configuration. On Digital Ocean, you need to start over and follow the revised tutorial: http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18297

JGranade

Reaction score
@Rrrr No. Don't change anything. Just enter the command as shown in the Linux CLI as part of your install: hostname `hostname -s`

Or you can simply enter: hostname xivo

The current XiVO version (until next week) requires a single word domain with no periods, and this command makes that happen before you run the wizard.

Ward, I feel like I'm missing something obvious but when I enter "hostname 'hostname -s'" I get "the specified hostname is invalid". So then I went with your 2nd suggestions of "hostname xivo" which it takes but then the wizard bombs with "{'domain': [u'Field may not be null.']}"

I tried being clever and just doing "domainname mydomain". But I still get that same "field may not be null error" on the domain. I saw your comment on not having a period in the domain but I get the error whether my domainname has a period or not.

Thanks,

John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.