FYI XiVO Google Voice Trunk - How to prevent picking up after one ring

milleri

Reaction score
The Google Voice trunk in XiVO works fine, but it picks up after one external ring and subsequent rings are generated internally by the PBX. Since XiVO has picked up the call it is no longer possible for any other lines GV is ringing to pick up.

Is there a way to prevent XiVO from picking up the call after one ring but instead pick up only when the call is answered internally, either by a user or by voicemail? Thanks in advance.

Incredible PBX for XiVO 13.2 with XiVO 16.10 running on VirtualBox

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
XiVO extensions don't know about the call until it is first answered. Same with any PBX. Google Voice isn't calling the extensions. It's calling your server. So... short answer is no.

Reaction score
Ward, Maybe I'm missing something here... I haven't used Google Voice for awhile and I'm not familiar with the new code written for XiVO that allowed GV to work directly with XiVO. In a normal simultaneous ring situation where one of the numbers is a DID on and Asterisk PBX the call to the PBX does not answer or send back a SIP message indicating and answer (answer supervision) until someone picks up an ext, it hits an IVR or it goes to voicemail. If need be you can have the call picked up and do Asterisk generated ringing if need be but that's an option not normal behavior.

Is the XiVO implementation different?

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Ward, Maybe I'm missing something here... I haven't used Google Voice for awhile and I'm not familiar with the new code written for XiVO that allowed GV to work directly with XiVO. In a normal simultaneous ring situation where one of the numbers is a DID on and Asterisk PBX the call to the PBX does not answer or send back a SIP message indicating and answer (answer supervision) until someone picks up an ext, it hits an IVR or it goes to voicemail. If need be you can have the call picked up and do Asterisk generated ringing if need be but that's an option not normal behavior.

Is the XiVO implementation different?
You are correct. In IPBX/FPBX Asterisk does not answer the GV call. All GV endpoints ring until someone picks up.

milleri

Reaction score
This all makes sense. So a better question is: is there a way to delay an XiVO trunk from picking up an incoming call for a specified period of time?

Kinjo

Reaction score
In FPBX's Google Voice Motif module we could enable "Send Unanswered to Google Voicemail" which solved this. Is there any equivalent option in the Wazo/XiVO Google Voice motif?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.