FYI XIVO Google Voice setup for Google Apps Account

elmills

Reaction score
I am probably missing something, but cant get a google apps, google voice account to work with a XIVO google voice trunk.

I have several google voice numbers that are associated with a google apps domain name NOT a straight @gmail.com account. for example [email protected].

I ran the .add-gvtrunk and then try to add it via the xivo web interface. I get a "name -> regexp" error trying to add the name. If it isnt possible to use a google apps/google work account then I can setup some new ones for testing, but want to make sure I wasnt missing something or making a mistake.

Thanks,
Everette

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
That may very well be a limitation at the moment. I'll add it to "the list." :smartass:

elmills

Reaction score
Thanks for the response and direction. I will watch the changelogs/updates to see what is happening.

I will also test to see if it is just a limitations on the input screen or the actual underlying field.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the response and direction. I will watch the changelogs/updates to see what is happening.

I will also test to see if it is just a limitations on the input screen or the actual underlying field.

Thanks, Everette.

elmills

Reaction score
I followed the steps in Oauth Google Voice example, used underscores instead of @/. for the google apps email when adding the trunk. Then edit username field in /etc/asterisk/xmpp_oauth.conf it will work.

The critical step after you edit the file is to reload Asterisk.

It appears the issues is only with the GUI/entry validation and not with the underlying codes ability to handle the full emails addresses.

classicalmusic

Reaction score
I followed the steps in Oauth Google Voice example, used underscores instead of @/. for the google apps email when adding the trunk. Then edit username field in /etc/asterisk/xmpp_oauth.conf it will work.

The critical step after you edit the file is to reload Asterisk.

It appears the issues is only with the GUI/entry validation and not with the underlying codes ability to handle the full emails addresses.

This is fantastic info!! This has helped me to get outbound calls working.. I am unable to get inbound calls. If you could offer up any advice... please see my post where I initially asked for info on doing this. I have posted more details there:

Google Voice OAUTH Custom Domain

Thanks again, @elmills !

EDIT: RESOLVED!!! Didn't have forwarding to Google Chat checked in GV settings :banghead:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.