I HAVE A DREAM Windows Universal client?

Setel

Reaction score
Hi!
I hope current mobile app can also run on desktop OS(UWP app). Currently This app does not work on your device.

App may also be bundled with existing desktop client and easily sideloaded with App Installer:
microsoft.com/store/apps/app/9nblggh4nns1
The app enables a user to double-click any .appx or .appxbundle for easy installation, eliminating the need to run PowerShell or specialized scripts.
Desktop installer should recommend modern app if S0 low-power idle state is supported.

By using WNS to communicate with your app, you can avoid the processing overhead of creating persistent socket connections, sending HTTP GET messages, and other service-to-app connections.

I'm afraid there will be need for alternative to push by using ControlChannelTrigger.
Just imagine simple scenario where mini PC much quicker wakes laptop over Ethernet.

Last edited:

prattmd2

Reaction score
There is a very nice Windows client that serves as a soft phone or also an ip phone controller. Is this what you are asking ?

Setel

Reaction score
You are missing one important advantage of universal apps. Proposed will not work with legacy desktop applications!
Windows Desktop Activity Moderator (DAM) suppresses legacy app execution in a manner similar to the Sleep state.

First easy step is to correctly configure packages in Visual Studio:
Make sure you select all three architecture configurations (x86, x64, and ARM) in the Select and Configure Packages dialog.
That way your app can be deployed to the widest range of devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.