RECOMMENDATIONS wife's business switch to VOIP(sucks to be me)

Brianmac

Reaction score
Need some recommendations. Own a salon(wife's) been after her to switch from Ver-payoutthebutt-izon(fios 75mb) to VOIP. She has fought me tooth and nail, but now she requires VOIP "abilities" Like having a phone in her home office to ring when a client is calling the salon during certain times of the week for coverage.
Currently she has two Did's. and a single base station feeding two portable phones.... I would like to leave the current phones as installing any type of new technology with the staff is painful to say the least... So thats the current situation...

My question(s), So i am thinking a two port ata to current phone station. Should the ATA go directly to the VOIP provider or should I use a hosted, or onsite PBX? Regardless, any blip is going to cause me a head ache, but it is what it is. I have a few commercial VOIP PBX in place and they love them, but this is the wife factor....

Any input would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Brian

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
In a very small setup like that, it's really a lot easier just to use a hosted voip provider. THe effort involved in something for a simple two phone deal like that is just too high. There's lots of options; my favourite is voip.ms, but there's undoubtedly hundreds to choose from. Then when the internet is out at the business, no problem, at least people can leave a message.

Brianmac

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm partial to Callcentric - little more expensive, but fairly easy to setup "pbx" like functions on their end.... Really easy to switch from salon phone(extensions) ringing to home office extension ringing..

Thanks for taking the time to answer!!!!!
Brian

kenn10

Reaction score
Check out Anveo.com.

Thanks, I'm partial to Callcentric - little more expensive, but fairly easy to setup "pbx" like functions on their end.... Really easy to switch from salon phone(extensions) ringing to home office extension ringing..

Brian

JoeyHolmes

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm partial to Callcentric - little more expensive, but fairly easy to setup "pbx" like functions on their end.... Really easy to switch from salon phone(extensions) ringing to home office extension ringing https://edubirdie.org/

Brian

Speaking about the different aspects connected to this part of the work, you can just add extra detail to this description and move forward.

Carla Dodson

Reaction score
Speaking about the different aspects connected to this part of the work, you can just add extra detail to this description and move forward.

The effort involved in something for a simple two phone deal like that is just too high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.