TIPS Which PBX for Free Tier Amazon AWS

Tehnation

Reaction score
My server hd crapped out, and I am trying to a new pbx in the cloud, but I am having some issues with the install. So I wanted to ask which platforms are best supported by amazon aws. I was using this article and version, http://nerdvittles.com/?p=14208, I used the centos 7 with hvm offered by centos on amazon marketplace, but asterisk and mysql are always down when I run status command, and I can't even log into webmin for freepbx. It just seems completely fubar, and I have done very little so far.

Anyone have any insight? I haven't played with my phone server for well over 3 year, so I am way out of the loop.

I was using this little guide http://wable-repo2.wardmundy.net/incrediblepbx/, wardmundy linked me.

Last edited:

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Insight is Read the article and ESPECIALLY the RED stuff that says Use CentOS6 as CentOS7 is still not ready (work in progress).

Follow the article again but wilth a CentOS6 or SciLin6 and it should work. Don't expect any new stuff to work though. It is what it seems I will be stuck wwith as I can't wrap my head around Wazo.

Tehnation

Reaction score
Good call! I read it, but it didn't register until you reminded me!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Good call! I read it, but it didn't register until you reminded me!

@mainenotarynet is a little fixated on Amazon's Polly TTS which only works with Debian 8. That's an Amazon problem, not a VoIP problem. IBM's commercial TTS and Speech Recognition products and Google's TTS and Speech Recognition products work fine with ALL versions of Incredible PBX. Don't know what other "new stuff" he's referring to except perhaps HA/redundancy which has never been available for free until we introduced Wazo. And now there's an experimental (free) HA version for all Incredible PBX releases that you will find in the Developer's section of this forum.

Last edited:

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Not fixated but I had read the Polly aricle and TRIED to install on my CentOS6 box and then by changing an extension block the thing crashed and burned so I figured I'd try Issabel 4 -- Which locked me out as it fights Fail2Ban and IPTables that IncrediblePBX installs as Issabel has these 2 in-built -- so no worky for me

I had Wazo but am so confused of where things are entities, users Extensions are NOT extensions but more Feature codes, Lines are extensions but you need users too -- from what I gather you MUST know dialplan as the whole thing looks like everything is in conf files.

I am a regular guty and NOT stupid but this is just way too complex for me to grasp the way it is.

I WANT the new stuff but am not knowledgeable to do this so I am stuck in the past...forever.

billsimon

Reaction score
the thing crashed and burned

Maybe not in this thread, but in another thread, post some details about the errors you get. You've posted a lot about having troubles but who knows, maybe we could work through some of them and get you where you want to be even on the older OS...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@mainenotarynet: I'm surprised by your comments on Incredible PBX for Issabel. If you install the basic Issabel platform from either the ISO or their script and then install Incredible PBX from our script using a desktop PC or Mac, there is no conflict with either IPtables or Fail2Ban. Your desktop PC gets whitelisted in the firewall, and everything just works. We've installed dozens of them. The only way you would run into a problem is if you configured either of them within the Issabel GUI before or after installing Incredible PBX.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.