GO HERE Which IncrediblePBX Version For Raspberry Pi 3 Should I Use

howie954

Reaction score
I was very much into this for awhile but went overseas for a couple years and now I am back and want to get back into the swing of things. I loved testing Raspberry Pi and IncrediblePBX and I just bought the latest RSB Pi 3b+ and wasnt sure which IncrediblePBX distro I should be using. I read somewhere in Nerd Vittles that Google Voice is no longer supported so which iso should I be using?

incrediblepbx13-raspbian8-gvsip.zip

or

IncrediblePBX13-13 ISO

howie954

Reaction score
That's exactly where I went originally and this is the tutorial I was following:

1. Download and unzip Incredible PBX 13 GVSIP image from SourceForge
2. Transfer Incredible PBX image to microSD card
3. Boot Raspberry Pi from new microSD card (8GB or larger)

Isn't the Incredible PBX 13 GVSIP an ISO File or am I missing something?

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
The file incrediblepbx13-raspbian8-gvsip.zip is a ..zip file When unzipped you get incrediblepbx13-raspbian8-gvsip.img file which is an image taken from an SD card probably created with
Code:
dd

Did you by any chance download the .iso file which sourceforge in its ignorance offers to the unsuspecting. You needed to Read the readme text which (without my checking) usually tells you to skip the ISO.

Good luck

Last edited:

howie954

Reaction score
I downloaded it but i did not write it. I would very much prefer not to using an existing image and install everything from scratch but I do not see anywhere in this tutorial how to do otherwise unless I am missing something and no Read Me file was accompanied.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
and no Read Me file was accompanied
There is in fact a readme.txt file on the Sourceforge site and you are correct, the note is missing; about not downloading the flagship latest version of pbxinaflash ISO that 'sourceforge' deems to be what it thought is the subject of the page when in fact the page is for the Rpi version.
Perhaps @wardmundy might look at that when time permits?

Sorry that what I had referred to was an earlier readme.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.