I HAVE A DREAM What's Missing from Wazo/XiVO?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I'm meeting with @Sylvain Boily next Monday and Tuesday so now would be a good time to post any final wishes regarding future needs/requirements.

lrosenman

Guru
Reaction score
Access to the PostgreSQL CDR records from the UI, access to the detailed CEL records from the UI
clearer info on how to set up calls to outside numbers from a group.

JFrost

Reaction score
rchalk" said:
Does this system support the equivalent of Device-User mode? This is an indispensable feature for me, as my main client travels between three offices in three different cities, and wants his extension to be the same everywhere.

Thanks
That's the XiVO default.

If that is in fact true (that D&U mode is default) then shouldn't I be able to configure multiple devices to one user (extension number)?

To date I have not been able to find any information on how to do that and in fact most of what I've read (albeit much of it is 6mos-1yr old) indicates that this is actually *not* possible (or at least not (*supported*?) with XIVO.

Presently if I register more than one device with the same sip line info only the last (or sometimes random) extension rings for incoming call. Never all of them.

If you can tell how to do this one-user to mulitple-devices setup (or point to documentation) I'd very much appreciate it. I've been wrestling with this for a number of days now and I don't think I'm any closer to a solution than when I started.

JFrost

Reaction score
If that is in fact true (that D&U mode is default) then shouldn't I be able to configure multiple devices to one user (extension number)?

To date I have not been able to find any information on how to do that and in fact most of what I've read (albeit much of it is 6mos-1yr old) indicates that this is actually *not* possible (or at least not (*supported*?) with XIVO.

Presently if I register more than one device with the same sip line info only the last (or sometimes random) extension rings for incoming call. Never all of them.

If you can tell how to do this one-user to mulitple-devices setup (or point to documentation) I'd very much appreciate it. I've been wrestling with this for a number of days now and I don't think I'm any closer to a solution than when I started.

Sylvain has answered here: https://projects.wazo.community/boards/1/topics/4371?r=8664#message-8664
that it is possible but only using REST API. His screenshot is unfortunately not enough for me to get this working (I have no idea where in the rest api to put this but I'm reading and toying with api now hoping to figure it out)

Any help/pointers (while I still have hair left :) ) will be appreciated.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Hello jfrost, ok i will explain you on the wazo forum thread how you could do this. But on the new futur wazo web interface, this option will be more simple.

JFrost

Reaction score

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
From Pascal:

There's no easy way to know which user's user id answered a call on a queue using dialplan subroutines like the global subroutine used for the user CALLTRACE. But I it's possible to reach the user's dialplan instead of calling it's sip peer when the call is sent to the group. With this kind of configuration, the CALLTRACE would be updated for calls received using a group.

To do that, you can edit your user. In the "Groups" tab there's a "Channel" column. If you choose "Local" instead of "default" the CALLTRACE value will be updated.
cleardot.gif

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Solution from Wazo Forum:

Create a config file called 'pre-setlast' with these contents

Code:
[pre-setcalltrace]
exten = s,1,NoOp()
same =  n,Set(DB(CALLTRACE/${XIVO_DSTID})=${CALLERID(number)})
same  =   n(return),Return()

add 'pre-setcalltrace' to ANY User that's on the Group (you only need one)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.