I HAVE A DREAM What's Missing from Wazo/XiVO?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
For those that have kicked the XiVO tires, we need your help. Tell us what's missing that you need! Now's your chance to make XiVO everything you've always wanted.

MGD4me

Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to see a North American re-map of the Feature Codes. My mind is stuck on using *72 to Call Forward, for example.

Last edited:

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Ward, since you asked I have a question regarding XiVO and the distribution process. --

I have been using your ISOs for many years, and one of the things I have found very useful about it is the ability to add a patch and then treat it like a Phone system should be treated. AKA:: Secure it, put it away and forget it until someone needs some new feature / function that came out after I last looked at it. In fact one box I had to look at last evening has been up 478 days.

I guess the most common patch I use if the one Gareth Palmer maintains for Cisco SIP features and functionality, because these phones work best in high abuse offices (Lawyers and Accountants). For what ever reason the core Asterisk team has never seem fit to merge it into the product so every time I upgrade (about once every three years, AKA the life of a spinning drive) I have to research and then reapply it as a last step.

In reading the XiVO threads, I think I am reading that they push patches every couple of weeks, and that would be an issue for my installs.

Am I missing something here ?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@phonebuff Upgrades are available every three weeks but they are not pushed. If you want them, you have to run the upgrade script pull them down from the server end.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely killer for us is CDR searching. May easily have missed it, as I haven't spent a lot of time, but I didn't see an analog for the FPBX CDR reporting.

Without CDR reports with recording playback, similar to FBPX, XIVO is pretty much useless for our installs. Of course there are other reporting solutions, but evaluating/etc is just another hurdle I don't have time for when FPBX is good enough.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Absolutely killer for us is CDR searching. May easily have missed it, as I haven't spent a lot of time, but I didn't see an analog for the FPBX CDR reporting.

Without CDR reports with recording playback, similar to FBPX, XIVO is pretty much useless for our installs. Of course there are other reporting solutions, but evaluating/etc is just another hurdle I don't have time for when FPBX is good enough.

To retrieve SQLite3 call log data, here are a few examples to get you started:

ALL: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "select * from cdr"
DATE: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "select * from cdr where calldate >= '2016-05-22'"
NPA: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "SELECT * from cdr WHERE clid LIKE '%<843%'"
DEST: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "SELECT * from cdr WHERE dstchannel LIKE '%411%'"
FLDS: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "PRAGMA table_info(cdr)"

To retrieve the CDR log in CSV format suitable for spreadsheets, download:

/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv

Reaction score
A few that come to mind for the GUI are Privacy Manager, IVR functionality, Access to ring tone tone definition ie: European vs. U.S., more GUI access to config files

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
To retrieve SQLite3 call log data, here are a few examples to get you started:

ALL: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "select * from cdr"
DATE: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "select * from cdr where calldate >= '2016-05-22'"
NPA: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "SELECT * from cdr WHERE clid LIKE '%<843%'"
DEST: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "SELECT * from cdr WHERE dstchannel LIKE '%411%'"
FLDS: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "PRAGMA table_info(cdr)"

To retrieve the CDR log in CSV format suitable for spreadsheets, download:

/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv
More than capable of querying directly(or developing a web-app), but have no desire of the development/maintenance time/$$$/headache involved. We need to be able to setup CDR end-user(s) for search and playback and be done, not get a ticket whenever they need to pull a call. CEL drilldown is nice, but more for forensic purposes than end user use.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So I think what you're seeking is a CDR Query GUI similar to what FreePBX provides?? Do you actually let users access the FreePBX GUI to do this? Just curious.

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
So I think what you're seeking is a CDR Query GUI similar to what FreePBX provides?? Do you actually let users access the FreePBX GUI to do this? Just curious.
Yes, but only CDR access if not the local admin user.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I don't see a way to remove a user from the Directory, not sure if that's what Briankelly63 meant by Privacy Manager. I would also like to see a terminal window within the gui. I have been playing with the Ombutel distro and they have a neat tool, it shows a terminal window and has a command box to type in, and as soon as you start to enter a command it will show you all the possible choices.

Gary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bart

Reaction score
I second on CDR GUI like freepbx - it would so much easier to examine call records.
Also, an improvement in the configuration file editor to make the edit box larger and remove word wrapping - I do a lot of custom ivr scripts and finding errors in my scripts is MUCH harder with word wrapping enabled. Again the xivo client in in french. Language change does not seem to work - select English, still french

kenn10

Reaction score
@wardmundy and @Sylvain Boily ,

I've been doing my due diligence to test and use Xivo. To ease transition from the FreePBX world, I have a few features I'd like to see:

l) On Groups, add the ability to select ringback tone or music while ringing. Also had the ability to have an optional announcement to the caller when entering the group. (Xivo Feature Request #6375)

2) Add "Confirmation Y/N" on the cellphone dial-out from the Users screen so that if the cell phone is out of range or the phone is off, it will not go to the cell phone voicemail. A script to play an announcement to the mobile phone requesting that they select or reject the call would be required and if no selection is made, send the call to the Xivo user's no-answer destination. (Xivo Feature Request #6376)
fro
3) I'd like to see the "switchboard" client allowed to work with a soft-phone client on the PC -- or integrate a soft-phone into the Xivo client so that the PC can be the entire switchboard. I'd also like to see the ability for the "switchboard" client to integrate with any SIP or SCCP telephone regardless of make and model. Move the soft key to activate the position into the Xivo client. (Xivo Feature Request #6377)

4) A way to specify an authorized login/password and port on a specified SMTP server from the Mail configuration screen. Most secured SMTP servers require Port-587 and a username/password combination. This would eliminate the need to drop into the core operating system and deal with Postfix configuration files. (Xivo Feature Request 6377)

classicalmusic

Reaction score
In the FreePBX version of IncrediblePBX, one of the Custom Applications/Destinations is Time (8463). Will you port this to your IncrediblePBX list of applications?

As a time geek, I love this application. I call into my PBX. I have set to this destination to hear the time at the sound of the tone. :) My own time server (not as accurate as the NIST but good enough for me :) )

restamp

Reaction score
On the version I'm running -- /etc/pbx/.version says "13-12.3" (is this what we should report for a version number?) -- there are actually two versions of the Time-Of-Day program. And they are slightly different: One times each report to s multiple of 10 second interval and only speaks the AM/PM indicator on whole minutes. The other doesn't try for such an alignment and reports the current time down to whatever second it is.

I personally prefer the former, but both are fairly easy to integrate. They are both fairly straight-forward dial plans, the former defined in extensions_custom.conf under the context [new-time] and the latter in extensions_additional.conf as star code 60. If you don't have them, I can
send you the dial plans.

Jonny5

Reaction score
When a sound file is selected as the destination from a schedule I would like the additional option to forward to a users voice mail afterwards.

kenn10

Reaction score
When a sound file is selected as the destination from a schedule I would like the additional option to forward to a users voice mail afterwards.
You can already do that using an IVR instead of the sound file. Just have the IVR play the message and then the default timeout should point to the voice mail. I'm basing this comment mostly on knowledge of Asterisk config files but I believe the Xivo IVR will let you do it.

Let me change that. I just checked and Xivo does not have a GUI for an IVR. You have to do direct config file programming. If you loaded Incredible PBX, you can look at Ward's IVR-1.conf file to see an example.

With that in mind, I'd like to see Xivo have and IVR configuration section somewhat like what is offered by FreePBX.

Last edited:

omunni

Guru
Reaction score
How about a way to implement CALL BACK feature with Xivo?

Reaction score
Having tool tips on the web pages that give actual useful information instead of what simply what asterisk variable is affected would be nice.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
How about a way to implement CALL BACK feature with Xivo?

Most of this had already been set up. I just forgot to finish it. Here's how to add *69 CallTrace to an existing system:

In the XiVO browser interface, go to IPX ‣ IPX Configuration ‣ Configuration Files and edit xivo-extrafeatures.conf. Add the following code to the bottom of the file and Save the changes.

Code:
;# // BEGIN CallTrace
exten => *69,1,Set(lastcaller=${DB(CALLTRACE/${XIVO_USERID})})
exten => *69,2,GotoIf($[ $[ "${lastcaller}" = "" ] | $[ "${lastcaller}" = "unknown" ] ]?noinfo)
exten => *69,3,Background(calling)
exten => *69,4,SayDigits("${lastcaller}")
exten => *69,5,Dial(Local/${lastcaller}@default)
exten => *69,6,Hangup
exten => *69,7(noinfo),Playback(unidentified-no-callback)
exten => *69,8,Hangup
;# // END CallTrace

To use Call Trace, dial *69 to return call of the last caller.

Last edited:
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.