TIPS What's a good router for PIAF?

hidalgo

Reaction score
Here I have running VMWare ESXi on an old Mac mini with 2 vm on it: pfSense 2.1 and PIAF. I think it’s a dream team although I did not get QoS running well. Maybe a hero here may help me for that.

BeerCan

Guru
Reaction score
what form of qos did you try on pfsense? I use PRIQ and it works great. I can try and help if you want to give it a go.

Reaction score
I use pfsense running on an old PC running some kind of AMD CPU. 1GB memory and just a 2GB thumb drive. Traffic shaping for VoIP is the very reason I'm running it. My ADSL line has severe buffer bloat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufferbloat) which basically kills all connections when someone is uploading anything.

I just ran through the traffic shaping wizard and gave it the IP address of PiaF server when the wizard asked about VoIP. You do have to make sure you set your outbound limit to just under what your uplink speed is.

I do have one weird very intermittent problem with the communications between PiaF and Vitelity. The setup will be working great for months, then out of the blue (no changes or updates on my end), I'll start getting failed call notifications from Vitelity (outbound calls work fine). I have to go into pfsense and clear all the states associated with the IP address of my PiaF box, then go into PiaF and do an "amportal restart". I'll have to do this every two or three days for maybe a week, then it goes back to rock solid. I assume it has something to do with tweaks Vitelity is making.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.