FOOD FOR THOUGHT What script is generating iptables rules?

sirdotcom

Reaction score
I am using Incredible PBX on Ubuntu and it works great ... however I'm setting up an a2billing system and I need to create my own firewall rules for the system. So ... how do you disable Incredible from creating rules? I assume there's a script somewhere. I just need to be able to create my own rules and not be "fighting" with PIAF's rules.

Thanks,
Steve

sirdotcom

Reaction score
I'm still a little confused ... even when I save my own rules something changes them back to "defaults" when I reboot. How can I stop whatever script or program is automatically generating iptables.save rules?

Thanks,
Steve

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
There's no script "automatically generating iptables.save rules." If you're seeing the old rules when you reboot, then you're not editing and saving the file I referenced above. You're merely saving your entries in RAM without writing them to disk. Those obviously get lost when you reboot.

FYI: You're playing with fire if you're messing with IPtables without knowing what you are doing... but it's your phone bill. :shuriken:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.