FOOD FOR THOUGHT What happened to Multi-Tenant

billsimon

Reaction score
Early in the year we were talking about Elastix MT and rumoring about ThirdLane here. The TL rumor went away and Elastix MT does not seem to have matured into a usable system yet. Is there still any interest in multi-tenant?

For a while I was writing about the great potential of FusionPBX but at this point I'm pretty well turned off by it. Looking for solid Asterisk-based solutions.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Early in the year we were talking about Elastix MT and rumoring about ThirdLane here. The TL rumor went away and Elastix MT does not seem to have matured into a usable system yet. Is there still any interest in multi-tenant?

For a while I was writing about the great potential of FusionPBX but at this point I'm pretty well turned off by it. Looking for solid Asterisk-based solutions.

A week ago I downloaded and installed the new Fusionpbx 3.9.0 to take a look and I must say it looks really good, I can see allot of potential but it is lacking a good forum, I agree with you on that this would be a very interesting platform for the PIAF group to pick-up and do there usual magic. and to have this be part of the best Asterisk/FreeSwitch forum on the planet would be great.

Gary.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just a couple (minor) installation notes on FusionPBX:

1. There is a missing dependency with Ubuntu 14.04. Just run this command before beginning the install:
Code:
apt-get install libpq-dev -y

2. When the FusionPBX install finally pauses, you will be prompted to login with a browser using whatevernameyoupicked. Actually, you haven't picked one yet so go to the IP address of the server with your browser and set up an admin account and password. Also set a location for the SQLite database, e.g. /var/www/.

3. Once that's set up, return to the CLI and hit the enter key to finish the install.

4. Fail2Ban didn't install quite right, and I'll have a look down the road:
Code:
Setting up Fail2Ban for FusionPBX
* Restarting authentication failure monitor fail2ban
ERROR  No file(s) found for glob /usr/local/freeswitch/log/freeswitch.log
ERROR  Failed during configuration: Have not found any log file for freeswitch-tcp jail

CL_yARRW8AE3aRN.jpg

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Ward. I installed Debian Jessie and all seems to work, I have phones & trunks registered and running it at my home for the "wife" test.
IF piaf ever runs with this is it more likely you would be using Ubuntu rather than Debian, I would prefer not to stray from the path that is more likely to be used.

Gary.

P.S. I never checked to see if Fail2ban is working.

gpuser

Reaction score
I've been using FusionPBX for sometime now, started with Fusion 3.4 on i386 VM. My RasPi1 (Fusion 3.6) has been up for an year. Also have other systems running Fusion 3.9: Ubuntu 14.04 amd64 with SQLite, CentOS7 amd64 with PostgreSQL and Debian8 amd64 with PostgreSQL.

The platform of choice is Debian8 because all the new features (like video conference bridge) with FS 1.6 is available only on it. Along with skypopen module this is a hard to beat set up.

CentOS7 is very fast but installing Fusion/FS on it is a pain in the backside and it uses a bit more memory to run FS instance.

Cubox runs Fusion very well except faxes won't work out of the box. I believe there are some package mis-match issues there.

RasPi1 needs a reboot every 4-5 days which is easy enough through a bash/cron script.

It is advised not to try and install Fusion and FS at one go. Install FS first and see if thats working ok before putting Fusion on top. On a decent machine it takes only 15-20 min to get everything up and running including compiling FS from git.

Selection_050.png

gpuser

Reaction score
I can see allot of potential but it is lacking a good forum

Agree with this point completely. I can understand people's frustration when a default installation fails to work, especially trying out for the first time without enough grip on the inner workings of FS/Fusion combo.

billsimon

Reaction score
gpuser: are you using it in a multi-tenant, production environment?

hecatae: seems mostly dead since late 2013... are you using it?

gpuser

Reaction score
gpuser: are you using it in a multi-tenant, production environment?

I've tested multi-tenant set up and found it to be working. I have no requirement for a multi-tenant set up at the moment.

At work we use PIAF as our main PBX with EPM. Fusion is very much in the mix and is undergoing testing currently with a view to replace PIAF soon. I've set up interconnection between PIAF and Fusion so that Fusion can act as a media server for PIAF plus incoming Skype calls are delivered to PIAF. We have a click to call facility on our business website.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manne
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.