GOOD NEWS Webmin Issue - PIAF Interface

compuguy1088

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this with the latest 64 bit image of PIAF 2.0.6.4.4, webmin does not display (at all) when clicking on the webmin link from the PIAF panel. The funny thing is that that webmin is running, and can be accessed separately from the frame.

Reaction score
I can confirm this also appears to the case on the latest 32 bit image of PIAF 2.0.6.4.4, as I did a clean install to a new machine a few hours ago.
Clicking on the Webmin "Button" from the Admin screen of PIAF Panel appear to do nothing, but Webmin works fine if you access it from (IP Address of box) x.x.x.x:9001

Be nice to get simple fix for this that didn't involve me doing a clean install from scratch again.

StephenH

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Installing from scratch generally occurs when you want to move from one asterisk platform to another. For example you want to move from green to yellow. Another example of a scrub and reinstall would be when PIAF 20701 comes out in the fall. There you would be moving from Centos 6.x to Centos 7.x and there has never been an upgrade path between major versions of Centos.

So now that someone has reported a problem and the PIAF developers can confirm it we will add it to the bug list to be fixed.
It may be a simple or complex fix and it will get done when the PIAF dev team has time out if their regular paying day jobs. In the interim simply access it using the :9001 way

I can verify that the segment of code in the menu and webmin has not changed for months so something else is causing this.

I suppose someone wanting a fix that does not involve a scrub and reinstall is reasonable however the way it was written leaves something to be desired. A simple "I can verify this problem also" is MORE than enough!

Tom

Reaction score
I suppose someone wanting a fix that does not involve a scrub and reinstall is reasonable however the way it was written leaves something to be desired. A simple "I can verify this problem also" is MORE than enough!

Tom

No offense intended on any level, really appreciate all you guys do!
Merely thinking aloud ... about maybe having to go back to square one!

StephenH

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
There are a couple of things that are no longer functional. It appears that the kennonsoft menu code can no longer get an accurate host address. Something in an upgrade to php is likely the culprit.

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
So like does disabling the menu wrapper programmatically affect anything else before I dump it into update-fixes?

Tom
(inquiring minds want to know)

Reaction score
Problem persists in 20650, this fixes it. Many thanks.

i

I found a hack that will fix this. In the initial Kennonsoft menu, choose "Menu Configuration" at the lower right, then clear the checkmark in the box that says "Use Menu Wrapper", click update, then click done. Webmin link mysteriously starts working.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's a SED command to do the heavy lifting:

Code:
sed -i 's|true|false|' /var/www/html/welcome/.htindex.dat

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
So like does disabling the menu wrapper programmatically affect anything else

In ~/update-passwords at line 132 the $apachepw gets dumped into passwords.FAQ
It might be a good idea to also drop the password between the user,, commas into /var/www/html/welcome/.htindex.dat
perhaps by the following sed after say line 136 of ditto
Code:
 sed -i "s|users\,|users\,$apachepw|" /var/www/html/welcome/.htindex.dat && echo "OK pw changed to $apachepw "

This sed worked ok from cli on RPi3 with the Jessie incrediblepbx13-raspbian8.img
(but to use from the command line first populate the variable with somepassword. )

Last edited:
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.