Web MeetMe (what is the login?) and multiple MeetMe menus

fishfilet

Reaction score
I hope this question is not too stupid. I just installed the new Web MeetMe but I cant figure out how to login to it. What is the username/password to use?

Also when I go to my piaf from a web browser the Web MeetMe is the old one not the new one. If I switch to admin from user at the bottom then I have two menu items the old one which says "MeetMe Conference" and the new one that says "Web MeetMe Conference". How can I get rid of the old one? And how can I show the new one on the user page?

Please forgive the newbie questions as this is a test install and I have only been using this for about a week now. I must say however that out of all of the distros I have tried (asteriskNow, trixbox CE, and even a test machine a vendor let me use with trixbox pro) I like piaf the best.

P.S i did try and search the forums and even google and I did come up with some username/password answers but none of them worked.

fishfilet

Reaction score
ok i got the password

I just went into phpmyadmin and got it from there.

fishfilet

Reaction score
ok thanks gosh i feel so stupid i read that thread three times and didn't see the username/password even though it was staring me in the face!

fishfilet

Reaction score
yes i had seen the Menu configuration button but it wasn't real straight forward on how to use it. I fiddled with it though until figuring it out and have added the new Web MeetMe to the user menu and removed the old one. But how do I remove the old one from the administrator menu? it seems to me that I have two versions of web MeetMe installed and I would like get rid of the old one and not just hid the menu from the users. How can I get rid of the old version or at least remove the menu option from the admin panle as well?

thanks

fishfilet

Reaction score
See this was a lot of confusion for me because the instructions did not match what I had. Let me go over this nearly step by step to show you what I mean.

[FONT=&quot]Removal of previous Web MeetMe[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. From your PBXIAF, remove the entire folder:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]/var/www/html/web-meetme[/FONT]
I did not have a /var/www/html/web-meetme directory. I do now but that was after the install. I did have and still do have a /var/www/html/meetme I figured I should follow the instructions closely as to not mess anything up so I did not delete the /var/www/html/meetme folder.

[FONT=&quot]2. From inside /root/, delete all scripts with the characters “meetme3” in them. (install-meetme3.x, or if you’re trying to run this script again, also remove piaf-wmm.sh)[/FONT]
I did not have any scripts with meetme3 in them.

[FONT=&quot]3. Using the FreePBX Config Editor, from inside extensions_custom.conf, remove the following contexts in their entirety:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][mm-announce], [mm-end], and [custom-meetme3][/FONT]
I did not have any of these contexts in my extensions_custom.conf

[FONT=&quot]4. Remove (or don’t) any FreePBX Custom Destinations you have created to use the Previous install of Web MeetMe. The custom destination code (custom-meetme3,s,1) is the same for both versions of Web Meetme, so you’ll very likely still need these – and would just end up creating them again) Either way, the new install will create a Custom Destination for use with Web MeetMe – which you may use or ignore.[/FONT]
This is a fairly new install and I have not done anything with web meet me so I skipped this.

[FONT=&quot]5. Remove any FreePBX Misc Applications you have created to use the previous install of Web MeetMe. This step is important – the new version creates its own Feature Code to replace the Miscellaneous Application. Because we have created a module for Web MeetMe, you will now have a feature code to dial – which can be configured from the FreePBX feature code page. [/FONT]
Same here

[FONT=&quot]6. Remove the KennonSoft menu Web-MeetMe Icon. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From inside /Var/html/welcome/.htindex.cfg, locate and delete the line that looks something like this:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1,meetme,./web-meetme,Web MeetMe3,ico_meetme.png[/FONT]
I did not have /var/html so I could not edit the .htindex.cfg file.

[FONT=&quot]Don’t forget to save your changes![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]7. Remove Previous Web Security Settings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The previous versions of Web MeetMe create entries in the web security control file, as does this new script. In order to prevent unnecessary build up in the file, the previous installs entries should be removed. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In /etc/pbx/httpdconf/pbx.conf, locate and remove the block that looks like this:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]#Password protect /var/www/html/web-meetme[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<Directory /var/www/html/web-meetme>[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AuthType Basic[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AuthName "Restricted Area"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/wwwpasswd[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Require user wwwadmin maint meetme[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]</Directory>[/FONT]
I did not have this block in my /etc/pbx/httpdconf/pbx.conf

So I did not get to do most of the uninstall before doing the install because the files and directories were not there.So where can I go from here? Should I remove the /var/www/html/meetme folder? And are there other places I should look to try and clean up such as .config files and such? Very strange to me. I thought things should be pretty straight forward because it was a new fresh install only about a week old and I followed instructions closely. So I am not sure why my directories are different. I figured that maybe the instructions above are a bit old and the version of Piaf that I have is newer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.