GO HERE Weather by Zip Using Yahoo And NerdVittles, With Google TTS Engine

trupsalms

Reaction score
Through trial and error to use google tts instead of flite or cepstral, i have found a way to have the google tts engine read the recording back to you, below you will find the dial plan, and file. I hope to be able to find a way to do the same using weather under ground instead of yahoo, and help would be greatly appreciated.

;# // BEGIN Weather by ZIP
exten => 947,1,Answer
exten => 947,2,Wait(1)
exten => 947,3,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=7)
exten => 947,4,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
;exten => 947,5,Flite("At the beep enter the five digit zip code for the weather report you wish to retrieve.")
exten => 947,5,agi(googletts.agi,"At the beep enter the five digit zip code for the weather report you wish to retrieve.")
exten => 947,6,Read(ZIPCODE,beep,5)
;exten => 947,7,Flite("Please hold a moment while we contact the National Weather Service for your report.")
exten => 947,7,agi(googletts.agi,"Please hold a moment while we contact the National Weather Service for your report.")
exten => 947,8,AGI(nv-weather-yahoo.php,${ZIPCODE})
;exten => 947,9,NoOp(Wave file: ${TMPWAVE})
;exten => 947,10,Playback(${TMPWAVE})
;exten => 947,10,Playback(tts/FileName)
;exten => 947,11,Hangup
exten => 947,n,NoOp(Forecast: ${WEATHER})
exten => 947,n,agi(googletts.agi,"${WEATHER}",en)
exten => 947,n,Hangup
;# // END Weather by ZIP

Change the txt extention from txt to php. remember to also change the permissions to 0775

I hope to find a way to get weather underground working, or receive some help on it.

Attachments

• nv-weather-yahoo.txt
    14 KB · Views: 0

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Googletts is a major improvement in voice quality. I noticed that in the "brought to you by" blurb it grammatically corrects Ward's organization to "NerdVictuals". Pretty spooky that it can do that!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
change Vittles to Viddles and it works just fine. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.