QUIRK We somehow broke the ring wave file?

anomaly0617

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have installed a PIAF at a new location and somehow the "ring" wave file seems to be hosed up. As in, if I go to their inbound route and set the Music on Hold to "ring" the person calling in hears dead air.

This does not seem to be the case at other locations, so I'm sure it's a quirk with this phone system. If I knew where the file lived, I'd just copy it from a working PBX to this one and see if that solves the problem.

Can anyone tell me what the path and filename is to that file on a CentOS 7 installation?

Thanks in advance!

anomaly0617

Reaction score
Here's a little more detail, as we're investigating and trying things out...

A call comes in on the appropriate phone number.
It gets picked up by the Default Inbound Route, which is set to ANY/ANY.
  • The MoH is set to some classical music.
  • The destination is a Ring Group named "Inbound Call Level 1"
Inbound Call Level 1 is set to:
  • Receptionist Extension
  • 20 Second Timeout
  • nv-GenericWelcome for the Announcement (more on this later)
  • MoH is Ring
  • Timeout goes to Ring Group "Inbound Call Level 2"

Those are the pertinent details. What we've discovered is that if there is an Announcement, Ring works fine for MoH. If the Announcement is set to None, the outside caller gets dead air until someone picks up the call.

So, any ideas on how this freak set of events occurs?

Thanks in advance!

billsimon

Reaction score
Those are the pertinent details. What we've discovered is that if there is an Announcement, Ring works fine for MoH. If the Announcement is set to None, the outside caller gets dead air until someone picks up the call.

So, any ideas on how this freak set of events occurs?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried adjusting the "Send Progress" setting in your ring group?

It sounds as though the far end isn't getting signal for ringing (180) or early media (183) and your side won't send an answer (200) signal until an agent picks up the phone.

Injecting the announcement seems to change the behavior.

I'd try adjusting that setting first. If no improvement, review logs, perhaps getting a SIP debug too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.