TIPS Wazo will not register SIP trunk with Vitelity [SOLVED - not interesting]

jlr83

Reaction score
I have IncrediblePBX3 running in a VM at my home -- it works great. My SIP trunk provider is Vitelity. I have tried to setup Wazo (17.17 - in Debian 8). The installation runs great -- all services are working. My problem is that I am unable to establish my incoming trunk with Vitelity. If I switch back to IPBX3, Vitelity connects.

The error I get is:
chan_sip.c:15929 sip_reg_timeout: -- Registration for '@@@@@@@inbound24.vitelity.net' timed out, trying again (Attempt #64)

where @@@@@@ is my sub_account name.

What I know / have tried:
1) Packets are leaving the VM and being routed out of my router to the correct Vitelity IP address
2) I have port forwarded 5060 and 10000-20000 (UDP) directly to my VM (wazo) {done in desperation}
3) I have rebooted the router (many times)
4) SIP-ALG is disabled on the router (it's an Edgerouter-lite)
5) I have upgraded to 18.03 (from 17.17 using the "three steps" -- which also worked), but still no joy

the output from xivo-config asterisk/sip.conf is:

[vitel-inbound]
disallow = all
context = from-extern
call-limit = 0
amaflags = default
port = 5060
callerid = ##########
secret = ************
transport = udp
nat = force_rport,comedia
qualify = yes
type = friend
username = @@@@@@@
rtpkeepalive = 0
insecure = port,invite
rtpholdtimeout = 300
dtmfmode = rfc2833
host = inbound24.vitelity.net
language = en_US
rtptimeout = 30
allow = ulaw
fromuser = @@@@@@@
subscribemwi = no

Can anyone suggest a next step?
Thank you.

billsimon

Reaction score
Are the nat parameters set up in the general SIP settings section?

jlr83

Reaction score
My general SIP settings:

External IP addr: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my actual public IP address)
Transport: UDP
Local Network: 192.168.100.0/24
Activate websocket service: checked

everything else is blank

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
Did they assign you inbound24? I use inbound25, although they do have different inbound trunks.

Here are my sip settings for inbound
Trunk name: vitel-inbound

username=subAccountUserName
type=friend
secret=mySecret
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=auto
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
allow=ulaw
host=inbound25.vitelity.net
qualify=yes
qualifyfreq=25
keepalive=25

registration string
subAccountUserName:[email protected]:5060

I had to also set my router's UDP timeout to something greater than the default. I set it to 300 secs. The asterisk keep alive needed to be less than the router timeout. Until then, router kept closing down the port and inbound calls failed with a fast busy tone. Drove me crazy.
Sometimes it helps to turn off Fail2Ban temporarily while you are trying to figure things out. I've wasted a lot of time not doing that initially.

Last edited:

yajrendrag

Reaction score
what about other trunks? do you have others that are able to register? also are you using the pre-installed trunks? or did you define from scratch?

i'd try another trunk and see if it exhibits same behavior.

also, i had a problem using the predefined entities - but i can't recall now if it was users or trunks - one of the two wouldn't connect or register. you might try defining a trunk from scratch if you're using the predefined entities. the old freepbx ipbx had an enable/disable checkbox - i didn't see that in wazo, but could have missed it.

jlr83

Reaction score
OK -- I think I know what the problem is. The packets leaving my network (from wazo) still have local network addressess (192.168.x.x:5060), while the packets leaving from my IncrediblePBX-3 system have my public IP address. So nat is miss configured.

My server and all my IP phones are on my local network (sip trunk providers clearly on other side of my router / my nat). What setting do I need to adjust to get nat working on wazo.

Under General settings -> SIP Protocol -> Network:
I have:
External IP address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (my public IP address)
Local network: 192.168.x.x/24 (my local network)

all else blank (I have tried with Activate websocket service) -- we're close...what's the right way/answer?

Thank you.

Last edited:

jlr83

Reaction score
OK
First, thank you to those that tried to help.

TL;DR; SNAT was mis-configured in a manner that allowed Incredible PBX 3 to still work, but not Wazo.

Lesson learned: The first SNAT rule that applies is the only one applied

Thanks again to all -- sorry it was so uninteresting in the end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muneer
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.