SOLVED Wazo web configuration Digital Ocean

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
I am on DO, Debian 8.3 following the instructions here: http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18297

Note, I did not run:
# automated XiVO web configurator and
# Travelin' Man 3 IPtables WhiteList Firewall

but I went straight into xivo web configuration:
After completion of the basic settings (host: abcd, web password, domain: mydomain.com, etc),
I press validate and then get locked out: first from the web access and a few minutes later from SSH.

I can only get access through DO console, bothing more.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Sometime in the setup process, I get thrown out of web and SSH.
Only access through DO console is still possible.
I have tried 7-8 times (thank you DigitalOcean for making a droplet easy to restore!).

Here's what I did:

Step 1 Tutorial 1) XiVO Platform Tutorial: Installing XiVO VM at Digital Ocean
Step 2 Complete XIVO web configuration
Step 3 Tutorial 2) XiVO Initial Setup Tutorial: Getting Started with XiVO

TRY #1:
Step 1
I executed all commands, but this part in step 1 is not working for me:

# automated XiVO web configurator
root@pbx:~# chmod +x wizard.py
root@pbx:~# hostname `hostname -s`
root@pbx:~# ./wizard.py "test"
Configuring XiVO. Please wait...
Login to web interface as root with web password.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./wizard.py", line 47, in <module>
c.wizard.create(wizard)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/commands/wizard.py", line 28, in create
response = self.session.post(url, body, timeout=timeout)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 70, in post
self.check_response(response, check_response)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 47, in check_response
response.raise_for_status()
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/models.py", line 825, in raise_for_status
raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Input Error - network: {'domain': [u'Field may not be null.']}
root@pbx:~#

I skipped the last part:
# Travelin' Man 3 IPtables WhiteList Firewall

Step 2
I browse to pbx.mydomain.com.
Here are the entries I changed, the rest remains default:

hostname: pbx
domain name: mydomain.com
webinterface password: test
Entity display name: abc
Internal calls context: start 200, end 299

I then press Validate

Step 3
Followed all steps in the tutorial until and not including "General Settings:Advanced (Time Zone)".
I pressed only on SAVE when indicated.
Here is what I added:
external ip address of pbx: 11.22.33.44
At this point I felt uncomfortable having an easy web root password and no iptables.
I changed the web root password under Users/root and used a password which includes capitals/noncapitals/@/!

From this moment, I got kicked out.

TRY #2:
Step 1 and 2 as above. Before starting with Step 3, I changed the web root password.
I could continue to work and started with Step 3.
When I clicked on SAVE next to item 14 (SIP Protocol) in the tutorial, I got thrown out.

I have no idea why changing the password seems to have an effect, be it not immediately.
Perhaps there is another culprit.

TRY #3:
I used a simple alphanumeric web password and did not change it.
I completed Step 3 until the section with General Settings:Advanced (Time Zone).

I waited about 10-15min and discovered I was kicked out.
I am stuck at this point.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Not sure what your default DO domain is. Try changing the hostname line in the script to: hostname xivo. Don't skip any steps and use alphanumeric pw with no weird characters.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Your external ip address is only the first entry.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Many thanks for the tips.

I have no default DO domain, that is, at DO I do not have any DNS entries.
My domain's DNS manager has an A record pbx.mydomain.com with the droplet's external IP address.
To answer your last post: Indeed 192.168.30.0 is the address I entered in Step 3 under local IP address, but this time (in Try #4) I did not get to Step 3.

TRY #4:
Fresh re-install, here's what I got after first running

STEP 1 # base XiVO install

# automated XiVO web configurator
root@pbx:~# wget http://incrediblepbx.com/wizard.py
--2016-06-02 05:27:33-- http://incrediblepbx.com/wizard.py
Resolving incrediblepbx.com (incrediblepbx.com)... 107.158.44.25
Connecting to incrediblepbx.com (incrediblepbx.com)|107.158.44.25|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1143 (1.1K) [text/plain]
Saving to: ‘wizard.py’

wizard.py 100%[=================================================================================>] 1.12K --.-KB/s in 0s

2016-06-02 05:27:34 (178 MB/s) - ‘wizard.py’ saved [1143/1143]

root@pbx:~# chmod +x wizard.py
root@pbx:~# hostname xivo
root@pbx:~# ./wizard.py "MyAlphanumericPassword"
c.wizard.create(wizard)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/commands/wizard.py", line 28, in create
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 70, in post
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_confd_client/session.py", line 47, in check_response
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/requests/models.py", line 825, in raise_for_status
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Input Error - network: {'domain': [u'Field may not be null.']}

Since the wizard failed, I did try the manual setup, but you are right it failed, but now as never before :)
STEP 2
Browse to pbx.mydomain.com.

Name :
xivo
Server domain :
mydomain.com
Root password :
MyAlphanumericPassword
IP address :
Netmask :
Default gateway :
Primary DNS server :
Secondary DNS server :

With xivo as hostname, I pressed VALIDATE which gave me this error in RED at the top of the validation page:

• POST /wizard - Unexpected error: sysconfd error: status 500 -
    Error response
    Error code 500.

Waiting for services to start successfully...
    starting xivo-auth ... OK
    starting xivo-dxtora ... OK
    starting xivo-provd ...Job for xivo-provd.service failed. See 'systemctl status xivo-provd.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
    NOK
    Opening port 5060.

Error code explanation: 500 = Server got itself in trouble.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's where I think we are. We've worked through (with the developers) installing XiVO on six different platforms, and there will be a couple more preconfigured ones in a couple of days. The procedure to get XiVO going on those platforms is documented. Digital Ocean tutorial is here. If it doesn't work as advertised, then we obviously want to know about it. But, if you want to venture off on your own and try to figure out another way to install XiVO successfully, that's perfectly OK, but it's not something we want to devote time and resources to. Our focus is on getting XiVO components built not figuring out multiple ways to install the software. I don't mean that to be ugly. It's just not how we want to spend our time. Plus, we don't know enough yet to be much help in figuring out installation alternatives anyway. Sorry.

Cj8CMOrWsAA-m_1.jpg

Last edited:

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
No worries, I get it.
From your suggestions and my report of Step 1 (# automated XiVO web configurator) it shows that the wizard gives some errors.
I am happy to do more tests. After 9 times, I can do a few more :)

It is just that I thought you would want additional information so after failing Step 1, I continued with Step 2 (the logical next step is to browse to the IPPBX) but then the manual XIVO web configurator gets in the way. So lets leave that out and focus on Step 1, OK?

I will be happy to test a next version of the wizard for you.
I am sure it will work.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The problem was that, from your earlier posts, it appeared you were going your own way. And I know just enough to be dangerous once we wander off the reservation. I've just tried a DO install and both the wizard and the web configurator now fail even though the wizard worked for me last week. I will report it with screenshots. Thanks.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thanks.
FWIW (by no means do I know how to solve it, and I can only aspire to help you here, but here's a thought):
it seems to me that hostname in DO may have something to do with the script failing?

My hostname at DO was just your equivalent of xivo7, not the full name xivo7.mydomain.com

* Using the full name for hostname in the droplet xivo7.mydomain.com, allows xivo to assume
hostname=xivo7.mydomain.com (hostname `hostname -s`) and
domain=mydomain.com.​
This leads to an unaccepted value of hostname as xivo (for now) expects just one name as you indicated before and perhaps that's why you suggested to use 'hostname xivo7'.

* Using the short name for hostname in the droplet xivo7, allows xivo to assume
hostname=xivo7
domain= ? (I dont know what domain will be set in the wizard, but in the manual web configuration xivo asks for it)​
This may lead to an unaccepted value of domain in xivo.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks. They patched XiVO because of another provider that handled hostnames in a different way. And that seems to have broken D.O. I'm sending them logs shortly.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Rrrr OK. I got it to work. The trick is to NOT use wizard.py. Install XiVO from the command prompt, load the firewall, and then use the web configurator to complete the install. Works fine. Just follow the modified tutorial, and you should be good to go now.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Hi,

After seeing your success stories for XIVO, I wanted to try the installer again.
Unfortunately, it seems a similar problem as above still exists (and probably the solution you provided above is still the same :) )

When I log into the GUI I receive the initial Welcome into the Wazo installer screen.

Please advise on what I should do next?

Here is my experience:

1. I installed a new droplet Debian 8 at DigitalOcean and named it ABC1
=> is this correct, or should I have named it ABC1.mydomain.com ?
2. Running installer:
./IncrediblePBX14-Wazo.sh
3. system boots/I logged in as root/I see a command prompt (no prompt to run installer again)
4. Running installer again
./IncrediblePBX14-Wazo.sh
Installer output shows: New hostname: ABC1.incrediblepbx.com
Please verify above that Wazo installation step completed successfully.
We will handle the web configuration for you. Ignore the message above.
To continue with installation, press ENTER. Or press Ctrl-C to abort.

Configuring Wazo. One moment please...
--2017-03-25 19:58:36-- http://incrediblepbx.com/wizard.py
Resolving incrediblepbx.com (incrediblepbx.com)... 104.206.96.21
Connecting to incrediblepbx.com (incrediblepbx.com)|104.206.96.21|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1143 (1.1K) [text/plain]
Saving to: âwizard.pyâ

0K . 100% 133M=0s

2017-03-25 19:58:36 (133 MB/s) - âwizard.pyâ saved [1143/1143]

Adjusting hostname to FQDN...
New hostname: ABC1.incrediblepbx.com

c.wizard.create(wizard)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 500 Server Error: Unexpected error: sysconfd error: status 500 - <head>
<title>Error response</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Error response</h1>
<p>Error code 500.
<p>Message: <pre>
Waiting for services to start successfully...
starting xivo-dxtora ... OK
starting xivo-provd ...Job for xivo-provd.service failed. See 'systemctl status xivo-provd.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
NOK
Opening port 5060.
</pre>
<p>Error code explanation: 500 = Server got itself in trouble.
</body>

Please verify no errors shown above in Wazo configuration step.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
I continued with manual install, but ran unto an additional error.
I do not know if it's related to the failed configurator above (which I continued to run).

The additional error:

I added user 724, then wanted to save the line for the user in IPBX Settings/Users/edit user 724/Lines:
Protocol: SIP
Name: [empty]
Context: Default
Number: 724
Site: [empty] ; NOTE: Nothing can be chosen in this field
Device: [empty]​

and received an error:
  • Could not create line
  • PUT /lines/8/endpoints/sip/19 - Input Error - field 'registrar': Registrar was not found ('registrar': u'default')

Note: Status of all services:
:~# xivo-service status
Checking database...
OK
Checking services...
running dahdi
running xivo-sysconfd
running xivo-confgend
running xivo-confd
running xivo-auth
running xivo-dxtora
running xivo-provd
running xivo-agid
running asterisk
running xivo-amid
running xivo-call-logs
running xivo-agentd
stopped xivo-ctid
running xivo-dird
running xivo-dird-phoned
running xivo-ctid-ng
running xivo-websocketd

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's a workaround. Switch to vultr.com. It's half the price and works flawlessly. Will take a look at D.O. next week. It's been working fine for us, but somebody may have "improved" something. :shuriken:

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Vultr intall was flawless, many thanks.
Just note DO and Vultr are same price, but Vultr gives more 1GB/25GB:
You can only use the $5 size VULTR virtual machine if you create a swapfile. Otherwise, the Wazo install will fail.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Rrrr: From your latest comment, I'm assuming that you have been trying to roll your own Incredible PBX build at both Digital Ocean and Vultr. That's perfectly fine, but we have documented a procedure for both Digital Ocean AND Vultr that works every time without manual intervention and without using the browser wizard setup procedure. Digital Ocean platform requires a droplet hostname that is a fully-qualified domain name. Vultr does not. Our documentation covers this. I just finished a new Digital Ocean build without a problem (see pbxstatus below). Have you tried either of our links above?? They also include free signup coupons. Both also permit use of the smallest droplet with documentation on how to easily set up the swap file. We have seen no performance degradation on small site implementations using the swap file. In this configuration, Vultr (at $2.50 per month) is now 50% cheaper than D.O. but free signup credit has been discontinued. and that's after exhausting your 8 free months of service.

C77UeSAXgAAQB7u.jpg

Last edited:

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Thanks, but I would not (knowingly) take the risk to roll my own and only follow the instructions you provided.
That's the reason I am here and dare to go through this stuff. :tt1:

I started from It’s Soup: The Definitive Quick Start Guide to Wazo 17.04
and followed instructions from the links that followed. :drool5:

DigitalOcean
Only when I got stuck with the D.O. installer, I tried to make the best out of it.
:rockon:
I am surprised to see your FQDN statement for D.O. and can't believe I missed it (again?): I apologise.:banghead:
I just checked again and Yes! You are right, the installer is working fine now after I renamed my D.O. to a FQDN.

Vultr
Making the swapfile is part of the Vultr instruction. I see you have changed the text quoted for Vultr from $5 to $2.50. Thanks for the tip.

I signed up right away after your comment yesterday, but should have known you have great signup coupons waiting for us. Once up and running, I will try to find a way to backup my $5 Vultr to a $2.50 Vultr. :smartass:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
By the way, if you need considerably more horsepower (OpenStack KVM with 2GB RAM, 10GB of SSD storage, and RAID10 redundancy plus a 99.95% uptime SLA) at slightly more cost ($3.49/mo.), take a look at 3CX's favorite provider, OVH. Tutorial for Wazo is here.

Reaction score
FWIW, I just experienced and "fixed" an error that appears to be the same as described above.

I got this after creating a new Vultr $5/month server as per the instructions at http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18907. (During setup, I just entered "pbx" for the hostname. I did not enter a fully-qualified-domain-name.)

First, here's the last part of the error "traceback" that stems from the wizard.py file: requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Input Error - network : {'domain': [u'Field may not be null']}

I worked backwards and found two lines in the IncrediblePBX14-Wazo.sh file where a hostname is supposed to be set: lines 497 and 510. My "fix" hack was to -- before running the sh script -- comment out those two lines and then hard-code below each one what my fully-qualified-domain-name hostname actually is. And I created a corresponding DNS A record.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.