BUG Wazo IAX2 trunk problem and resolution

lbeckm3

Reaction score
Working up a Wazo installation on Proxmox VM and had issues getting it to work with my IAX2 trunks to voip.ms and rapidvox. Tried every combination under the sun but no joy. "iax2 show resgistry" would show the trunks registered and fine. "iax2 show peers" always showed state UNREACHABLE. No calls would go out. Also, every call attempt showed this in the messages file (/var/log/asterisk/messages);

[Apr 18 11:40:45] WARNING[28702][C-00000006] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type 'IAX2' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)

The fix for this was to replace the fqdn with the ip address of the provider's server. Even though the dns lookups work just fine on the server, once I replaced the domain names with static ip addresses - everything works.

Hope this helps someone in the future!

FYI - this post led me in the direction I went for resolution;

https://community.freepbx.org/t/app...reachable-when-using-asterisk-13-solved/34224

-Lyle

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.