TIPS Wazo 17.14 GV Issues

Ramsey F

Reaction score
I currently have 17.07 running on another dedicated PC. It had no problems. The current dedicated PC I'm working with had something like 17.07 or 17.08. But the voicemail system stopped working correctly, so I decided to reinstall. That is when all of the trouble began.

I'm not positive, but I think the IncrediblePBX installation populates that Site field and it isn't doing it. Unless I use an old version of IncrediblePBX, I'm not sure that just downgrading Wazo will fix the problem on the dedicated PC. I think I have an older IncrediblePBX script on my other server. Maybe I'll try that. Or, I'll just get used to having it run on Vultr.

JFrost

Reaction score
You know, now that you mention it my old server may have been running IncrediblePBX 13 script too. Not sure and I blew it away to start fresh.

I'm gonna poke Ward. I think he needs to aware of this.

Ramsey F

Reaction score
My old server has an IncrediblePBX 14 script. But the script changes over time. If you look at the script, near the end is the changelog.

JFrost

Reaction score
My old server has an IncrediblePBX 14 script. But the script changes over time. If you look at the script, near the end is the changelog.
Ok, good to know.

I PM'd Ward to come take another look at this thread. Maybe together we can figure out where the break is.

Thanks Ramsey.
J.

JFrost

Reaction score
Ok, just added a gv trunk on 17.13 and saw xmpp errors flash by.

Here is the relevant part below. Full session log from the gv-add (sanitized) on pastebin.

Code:
patch -p0 < debian/patches/oauth_support.diff
patching file res_xmpp.c
cc -c -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Winit-self -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wformat=2 -g -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D'AST_MODULE="res_xmpp"' -D'AST_MODULE_SELF_SYM=__internal_res_xmpp_oauth_self' -o res_xmpp.o res_xmpp.c
res_xmpp.c: In function xmpp_client_change_state:
res_xmpp.c:622:12: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
  if (state == client->state) {
            ^
res_xmpp.c: In function xmpp_action_hook:
res_xmpp.c:3559:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
  for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_LEN(xmpp_state_handlers); i++) {
                ^
res_xmpp.c:3560:37: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   if ((xmpp_state_handlers[i].state == client->state) && (xmpp_state_handlers[i].component == (ast_test_flag(&clientcfg->flags, XMPP_COMPONENT) ? 1 : 0))) {
                                     ^
res_xmpp.c:3570:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
  for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_LEN(xmpp_pak_handlers); i++) {
                ^
res_xmpp.c:3571:33: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   if (xmpp_pak_handlers[i].type == pak->type) {
                                 ^
cc -Wall -shared res_xmpp.o -o res_xmpp_oauth.so -liksemel
mkdir -p /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
install -m 644 res_xmpp_oauth.so /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Warnings aren't errors. They're harmless. That's not your problem. As I've mentioned to @JFrost, if the Google Voice add-on is causing problems, you need to take it up with @Sylvain Boily. And the easiest way to be sure he sees it is to post it on the Wazo Forum.

JFrost

Reaction score
Warnings aren't errors. They're harmless. That's not your problem. As I've mentioned to @JFrost, if the Google Voice add-on is causing problems, you need to take it up with @Sylvain Boily. And the easiest way to be sure he sees it is to post it on the Wazo Forum.
Thanks Ward. I posted in the Wazo forum earlier and linked it back to here. I wasn't sure if the GV trunks code was part of Incredible or Wazo proper. I thought it was an Incredible thing.

Wrt to the errors, you're right as I just noted the errors occur in 17.09 too but I was in fact able to setup my GV trunks and make a call. I will try this now with 17.13 (I saw the errors on .13 and didn't try to actually set up the trunks) and figure out at what version this breaks.

JFrost

Reaction score
So even on 17.13 I was able to successfully set up the trunks and then upgrade to 17.14 - as long as I didn't run the xmpp update code.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So even on 17.13 I was able to successfully set up the trunks and then upgrade to 17.14 - as long as I didn't run the xmpp update code.

I reopened this thread with the understanding that you would post these issues on the Wazo Forum where their developers could assist you.

JFrost

Reaction score
Thank you Ward. I was maybe not clear on exactly who is responsible for what code at the time. As I said a bit earlier, I was under the impression that the whole GV trunks and OAuth2 piece was an IncrediblePBX contribution and not part of Wazo proper so I was trying to figure out where the problem lay.

But with the help of @Ramsey F at least now I have some basis that it's not just me and that I didn't actually break my install initially by doing anything untoward. I just ran the xmpp update script and bam. So in this case it was likely helpful to access this community as I imagine not everyone frequents both. And as this install was based on Incredible PBX scripts, I wanted to know if others using it were affected (and I thought the GV was your thing.)

I have opened a thread there linking back to the info here and now that there's a clear direction I will work with Sylvain or whomever picks it up there to try and resolve it.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The Google Voice add-on was developed by @Sylvain Boily, the founder of the XiVO and Wazo projects. While it works with Incredible PBX, we didn't develop it. Hope that clarifies.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Sylvain Boily: I think the Google Voice problem is with Wazo 17.14 which still uses Asterisk 14.6.2 if I'm not mistaken. Asterisk fails to start (with missing PID error) if you attempt to add a Google Voice trunk.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We have back-rev'd the Incredible PBX for Wazo installer to load Wazo 17.13 because of the issues with Google Voice in 17.14.

kyle95wm

Phone Genius Owner
Reaction score
What about reversing the upgrade steps to 17.14?

JFrost

Reaction score
We have back-rev'd the Incredible PBX for Wazo installer to load Wazo 17.13 because of the issues with Google Voice in 17.14.

Thanks Ward. Good to know this is being addressed.

Fwiw, I was able to install 17.13, add my trunks and then upgrade Wazo to .14 so as long as one DOESN'T run the xmpp update code* after upgrading to .14 the GV trunks persist and work.

* in your forum post on updating IPBX Wazo it's the second snippet, intended for e.g. when Asterisk version changes.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The problem is that 17.14 broke Google Voice unless you use the Simonics SIP/GV gateway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.