ALERT Watson STT free tier going away

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Somewhat confused by options here.

I deleted my 'old' Watson API and created a new service "Speech to Text-gk" using a Lite Plan.

I have, a new API-Key XXXXXXXXX.

In my original sendmailmp3 I have the following uncommented lines:

API_USERNAME="ZZZZ"

and API_PASSWORD="YYYYY"

I don't know which of these is my new API-Key and where to find the other/what to change it to.

I tried using the new XXXX in lieu of the API_PASSWORD - no dice.

I'm clearly having a senior moment. My version of sendmailmp3 doesn't have a line for API_KEY.

So, where do I find/use each of the ZZZZ and YYY variables?

Thanks.

Andrew

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
API_USERNAME=apikey
API_PASSWORD=YYYYY where YYYYY is your actual APIkey.

KNERD

Reaction score
Google Cloud Speech to Text (NOT the chromium developer API used here in the past) is 60 minutes free/month then $0.006/15 seconds.

This is a commercial product, so should be more stable than the developer API.

Between the free minutes and 15 second increments Google would likely be the better deal.

I have both Watson and Google Cloud running at a couple of test sites (the emails have both transcriptions). I would probably give the edge to Google overall in terms of quality.

I am done with Google. All their spying, tracking and Censorship has just gotten to be too much for me, and a lot of others. It has been getting worse as they getting their hands into everything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.