Any make / model is fine.

2 FXS a plus.

Paypal is cool.

Will barter development hours.

Thanks dudes.

Alex728

Guru
Reaction score
how cheap is cheap and how many do you need? Linksys PAP2T's are cheap brand new here in England and us Brits normally have to pay a premium price for anything vaguely hi-tech.

they can be got brand new about $50 in your country according to this price comparison site, maybe one of these lot will do you a deal

http://www.shopbot.ca/pp-linksys-pap2t-linksys-price-19321.html

I have also built a PABX for the family business, and we have used PAP2T's for the analogue phones for over a year now without trouble, and at least you are getting the guarantee etc. I've found these to be the most painless ATA's to deal with and configurable for progress tones etc (which is important in my case not being in the USA..)

I am on this mailing list for some old boys who collect and restore telephones and PBX's - they do get ATA's cheap via ebay but I wouldn't trust the family business to s/h stuff like that. even then they tend to be PAP2Ts or sometimes sipuras. And if you need loads of analogue sets (i.e more than 8) might be cheaper to buy a channel bank of some sort anyway..

that said I do have a more traditional hardware/electronics/analogue comms background and I would rather spend a bit extra on robust / tried and tested hardware than chance it...

actually if you have CKTS in Canada their community is often a good source of cheap telecoms kit as well as VOIP stuff (the whole community is based around integrating old and new telecoms kit)

http://www.ckts.info/

aster1sk

Guru
Reaction score
3 or 4 < $30 used devices. Like I said they are going in an automotive shop and he doesn't need new ones.
Thanks for the direction.

nobaloney

Reaction score
I, too, would like ATAs in small quantities in the us$25/us$30 range. I know I can get them at that pricing in large quantities, but we're starting this project slowly and I don't want to invest in a lot.

Jeff

kieranmullen

Reaction score
Lookup on ebay for sunrocket atas ac-211 boxes. They work fine with asterisk and you may be able to get them cheap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.