R.I.P. VPS Provider Exodus 12/9/2019

kenn10

Reaction score
I wiped my Hosting73 VPS's and issued cancellation tickets. Both were cancelled. I also sent a ticket requesting refund for unused portions of the deposits. (Like there's a snowball's chance in Hell of seeing that money again since I funded it via credit card.) Here is what I have gotten back from them:

Hey Joe,
We are still working out the details. In about 2 weeks well know exactly what direction on that. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks
Hosting 73, Hosting 73 Management
https://www.hosting73.com/
----------------------------------------------
Ticket ID: #818238
Subject: Cancel and Refund
Ticket URL: https://www.hosting73.com/billing/viewticket.php?tid=818238&c=1eaGN49k
----------------------------------------------

Tonyclewis

Reaction score
No surprise here. No hosting provider can provide a product for 25 a year. Datacenter, cooling and power alone is more than that in a year for a VM.

KNERD

Reaction score
I got the Hosted Simply email at about 7pm (saw it this morning -- my PC has fan issues so I had it off last night), sad part is I paid for the year -- this is why I want pay by month -- I aslo have a shared VPS on HudonvallyHosts and a Dedicated box with them and now they got stupid and try to take $$ when they are not supposed to -- their response is 'Well it's our parent company doing it this way)

So now I am looking to migrate 13 production websites to individual servers (wanted all one provider for convenience and bill at once, but Oh well) - so now am either looking for a reliable year plans (but once bitten twice shy) or affordable monthly plans spread over many datacenters (Confucious say: He who put all his eggs in one basket, have scrambled eggs for breakfast :smile5:) Many are small sites but need to figure out either a correct Postfix or Sendmail with SSL as all my sites emails DIED after adding SSL to the domains.

I heed to start over so maybe, @wardmundy, if youhave an affiliate link for crowncloud, I'd give them a lookie.

I'll be in and out until my new fan arrives, but will check in.

P.S. Hosted Simply was so bad for me,I gave up, reformatted and left it idle - wish I could get my $25 back, but I think it's been over 6 months so...

I had an account with HudsonValley for about 2-3 years, that is until the incompetent morons there deleted one of my VPS. No applogoly, or anything
When I tried to post my bad experience on LowEndBox, of course they would not allow bad posts about their parent company to appear. So I don't trust LowEndBox for anything.

KNERD

Reaction score
No surprise here. No hosting provider can provide a product for 25 a year. Datacenter, cooling and power alone is more than that in a year for a VM.

They can if they over sell, and hope people don't use it too much.

billsimon

Reaction score
Attention forum! Please refrain from offending knerd by posting any CBS related sites! lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.