ALERT Voip Innovations Purchased by Sangoma

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Just received:

Hi Adam,
I’m writing this letter to you today to share some exciting news. VoIP Innovations has just been purchased by Sangoma Technologies, headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Sangoma offers business unified communications/phone systems and operates as the primary developer and sponsor of Asterisk, the world’s most widely used open source communications software, and FreePBX, the world’s most widely used open source PBX software.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
VI is a premium carrier in many ways that's well established and carries a lot of my traffic. They better not mess this up or I'm driving to Markham for an in person complaint (45 minutes from home here).

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I just ported a bunch of DID's from VI to Skyetel - good timing

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, Sangoma's debt-to-income ratio now exceeds 50%. Pretty scary!

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I'm still rooting for them and the stability of Asterisk. If they fail, I'm afraid it will splinter and go private to several folks.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
South Park blames Canada.

:D

Yes that's the song I was singing in my head when I wrote that. Also, we are not sorry about Celene Dion she is amazing. We are a little sorry about Justin Bieber, but we blame you for wrecking him as he was fine when he left here.

smarks

Guru
Reaction score
Just migrated away from VI. Their pricing and features were not competitive with others out there and haven't been for a long time imo. I sure hope Sangoma got a bargain because the competitive landscape does not look favorable for them unless they drop their prices considerably.

This probably will have some implications for their sipstation product as well.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Just migrated away from VI. Their pricing and features were not competitive with others out there and haven't been for a long time imo. I sure hope Sangoma got a bargain because the competitive landscape does not look favorable for them unless they drop their prices considerably.

This probably will have some implications for their sipstation product as well.

I heard they've eliminated any options short of $250 monthly minimum commit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.