Voicemail to Email

Kristufer

Reaction score
I have a new install of incrediblepbx. Sendmail is working from the cmd prompt using the mail command. My extension is configured with a working email address. When a voicemail is left, there is no attempt of the voicemail being sent to my email. /var/log/maillog shows no evidence of the email.

Any ideas?

Chris

ajonate

Reaction score
Most likely you don't have a sendmailmp3 file in the /usr/local/sbin directory.

I did my installation of IncrediblePBX 13 13 about 4 weeks ago, and for some reason the sendmailmp3 file was not deposited in /usr/local/sbin as it should have been. I did some googling on the topic and found this page.

http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/179-asterisk-voicemail-mp3

I copied the contents of sendmailmp3 file code on that page and pasted it to a new file /usr/local/sbin/sendmailmp3. Then I did a chmod 755 to the file and tried leaving voicemail again. It sent the message out with an mp3 attachment as it should have.

Note: The linked article suggests placing the sendmailmp3 file in the /usr/sbin directory, but the default location in IncrediblePBX 13 13 is in the /usr/local/sbin directory. You can check that from the admin panel by going to:

Settings-->Voicemail Admin-->Settings tab-->Email Config tab-->Mail Command
It should already be set to: /usr/local/sbin/sendmailmp3

Last edited:

Kristufer

Reaction score
That was it...thanks for the help.

One more thing, are you able to access the voicemails through the UCP? When I login to it under the extension, I don't see any voicemail section.

Thanks again,
Chris

ajonate

Reaction score
One more thing, are you able to access the voicemails through the UCP? When I login to it under the extension, I don't see any voicemail section.

I'm using autodelete, but hopefully someone else will come along to help with that.

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Admin->User Management click edit icon on the user -> UCP Tab in there you will find the Voicemail subtab.

You have to enable Voicemail access THEN tell it which extensions they can check/hear and which functions they are allowed to control. Problem is it goes for ALL VMs they can access not on a per ext basis.

So if one user has 5 extensions (say the Secretary) Secretary would have her own (say 1000) and the other four as department heads (1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, you get the idea)

Submit and apply config and you are done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.