QUESTION Voicemail that stores DTMF key presses..

doughall

Reaction score
Hi.
We run a telecoms company, and something that I would love, that I think would sound professional is, if a client calls dues to a fault with their line, I would like an interactive IVR style thing.. Press 1 for fault with landline, 2 for broadband.. Pleas enter the number you wish to report the fault on..
And then some how get the number to an email or something..

Making any sense?

doughall

Reaction score
Wonder! Thanks..
i'm presuming that the code in between "exten => s,n,System( )" is simply shell.?
So i could in theory have a number prompts and push the response to a text file, and then email that file at the end?

Something like
[email-phonenumber] exten => s,1,Background(please-enter-your&number&then-press-pound) exten => s,n,Read(user_number) exten => s,n,System(echo 'User entered ${user_number}' >> /tmp/${user_number}.txt)
exten => s,1,Background(Some More Options)
exten => s,n,Read(Moreoptions) exten => s,n,System(echo 'User entered ${Moreoptions}' >> /tmp/${user_number}.txt)
exten => s,1,Background(Some More Options) exten => s,n,Read(Moreoptions) exten => s,n,System(echo 'User entered ${Moreoptions}' >> /tmp/${user_number}.txt)
exten => s,n,System(cat /tmp/${user_number}.txt' | mail -s 'SUBJECT' '[email protected]')
exten => s,n,Playback(goodbye)

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Playing around this morning - added to extensions_custom.conf - could be useful for someone as a template to expand upon.

Code:
;;# // BEGIN Read back DTMF and e-mail
exten => 477,1,Background(please-enter-your&number&then-press-pound)
exten => 477,2,Read(user_number)
exten => 477,3,Playback(you-entered)
exten => 477,4,SayDigits(${user_number})
exten => 477,5,Background(if-correct-press)
exten => 477,6,Background(digits/1)
exten => 477,7,Background(otherwise-press)
exten => 477,8,Background(digits/2)
exten => 477,9,Background(press-star-cancel)
exten => 477,10,WaitExten()
exten => 1,1,goto(477,11)
exten => 2,1,goto(477,1)
exten => *,1,goto(477,14)
exten => 477,11,Playback(thanks-for-calling-today)
exten => 477,12,Playback(goodbye)
exten => 477,13,System(echo 'User entered ${user_number}' | mail -s 'Call In Number' '[email protected]')
exten => 477,14,Hangup

doughall

Reaction score
Thats excellent.. One little extra thing.. Can I add a bit on the end that asks them for a description of the fault, and email the WAV along with the email txt?

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Sure, you could add a couple steps to record a message as well. I don't have the time at the moment, but if you have reminders installed, you could get a good idea how it would work.

doughall

Reaction score
Sure, you could add a couple steps to record a message as well. I don't have the time at the moment, but if you have reminders installed, you could get a good idea how it would work.

Thanks guys! HUUUGE help.. I have it done and tested, and works a treat! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.