QUIRK Voicemail keep channels active

boynas

Reaction score
Guys,

I have asterisk's Voicemail keeping the channels busy. At first I thought that it was only when people were calling and leaving messages and the zaptel driver was not detecting the hangup and kept recording. (I had some voicemails in the gigabytes, just eating my hard drive).

But I recently discovered that the problem is not only with outside (Zap calls) but with internal calls too. For example, this one is preventing extension 200 from receiving a call, checking voicemails, etc.
If I do a 'show channels' I get...

<code>
pbx*CLI> show channels
Channel Location State Application(Data)
SIP/200-093f4928 *97@from-internal:10 Up VoiceMailMain(200@default)
1 active channel
1 active call
</code>
of course, the extension is not in use, and this has been for 20 hours. As you can see, this is a call to retrieve VMs (*97) not to leave a message.
I tried to soft hangup by typing 'soft hangup SIP/200-093f4928' and it tells me that its going to do it but it doesn't.
"amportal restart" doesn't help either, as soon as asterisk comes back... The call comes back with the same lenght.

I have to fix this by restarting the OS.
Any ideas.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Have no idea, have never seen it. Reinstall. What version and OS are you using?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.