TIPS VodaPhone UK number to IP Provider

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Good Morning all,

I have been asked if I can recommend a service to port a UK VodaPhone number to for twelve months to two years while a friend is on foreign assignment.

They are most interested in protecting the number, but would also like being able to get Voicemail and SMS as email from it.

Any recommendations ?

TIA --

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I would think maybe DIDWW could do that for you, but you'd have to check with them. They seem to be able to get a lot of interesting things done and have been around a LONG time. I should mention though UK mobile numbers don't port like NA so may not be possible. Why not put on prepaid then forward somewhere?

dziny

Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the UK and what I do when going away for longer is to put my UK SIM into a 3g dongle and I get the call via asterisk (chang_dongle). SMS come to my email. If this is beyond your capability you can forward the Voda number to any other UK number (which can be VOIP). Not sure whether texts gets forwarded though.

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
I would think maybe DIDWW could do that for you, but you'd have to check with them. They seem to be able to get a lot of interesting things done and have been around a LONG time. I should mention though UK mobile numbers don't port like NA so may not be possible. Why not put on prepaid then forward somewhere?

@atsak Thank you, I will check them out Monday. An I have the PCAC code already so it should port..

@dziny, A port is the most appropriate process if I can do it. Due to this latest step up the executive ladder he has no clue if or when he would be back in the UK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.