PIONEERS VMware OVF Templates IncredPBX

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
CVkvQE7WUAAtefG.jpg

We've completed uploading of new VMware OVF Templates for Incredible PBX 13 to SourceForge. The following are available now:
Code:
934214452 IncrediblePBX13-Full.zip
939188971 IncrediblePBX13-Lean.zip

These OVF templates can be used to create new Virtual Machines using the two products shown above: VMware ESXi server platform (free) and the Windows vSphere Client (free). IMPORTANT: Don't forget to plug in your License Key (also free) after you install your ESXi server... or it will stop working in a few weeks.

See Part 2 of tutorial available here for instructions on deploying OVF templates. IMPORTANT: Be sure to select Thin Provision for Disk Type in Step 5 below when creating new VMs!

CVppeFrWwAEcYAb.jpg:large

Deploying an OVF Template takes about 2 minutes. You'll end up with an Incredible PBX with a 20GB drive using 1GB RAM.

1. Login to the vSphere Client on your Windows Desktop using the root account you set up when you installed ESXi. Choose File, Deploy OVF Template.

2. Select the desired Incredible PBX .ovf template from your desktop PC after unzipping the downloads onto your Windows Desktop.

3. Click Next.

4. Give the new Virtual Machine a name.

5. IMPORTANT: Choose Thin Provision option and click Next.

6. Review your entries and click Next to create the new Virtual Machine.

7. It takes about 2 minutes to create the new Virtual Machine.

8. The Main Client window will redisplay and your new VM should now be shown in the left panel. (1) Click on it. (2) Then click the Green start icon. (3) Click the Console Window icon.

9. When the VM's Console Window opens, click in the window in the black area. Then press ENTER to kick off the Incredible PBX Phase 2 install. Incredible PBX tutorial here. Ctrl-Alt gets your mouse and keyboard out of the console window.

Last edited:

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

In your blog, I'd take minor issue with your comment:-

"That narrowed the selection to VMware or VirtualBox. VMware is rock-solid and has been for more than fifteen years. VirtualBox is equally good, but typically runs on a desktop computer rather than dedicated hardware."

I'm running a headless Virtualbox on a Ubuntu 14.04 server, and have been for over a year, it's been rock solid. There is also an open source web based UI for it based on the desktop UI, but running in PHP, see http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpvirtualbox/, this lets you do on a web page what you can do on the desktop version.

I've got a script for installing it all somewhere, but probably needs updating, but I remember the installation was straightforward.

I'd say it's worth a look, and all FOSS.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.