Reaction score
Using pbxinaflash, with FreePBX 2.5.2.6
I can't seem to locate the

Is there a config file in /etc/asterisk
I can manually update this?
thanks,

icdev

Reaction score
ok, I have upgraded to 2.9.0.14 , and still cannot find where to change the sendmail setting

any help appreciated

icdev

Reaction score
I found it in the voicemail admin section, and after adding there found it listed in
/etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf
mailcmd=/usr/sbin/sendmailmp3

dhoppy

Reaction score
Just testing out Ubuntu 14.04, and like tfcarlin, its not working.

Robert-BCC

Rank amateur
Reaction score
If I understand this thread correctly, the transcription service is currently broken because the transcription relies upon an API tied to Google’s speech recognition service. Is this correct? Are there any non-free alternatives that PiaF users could connect to?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
If I understand correctly this thread correctly, the transcription service is currently broken because the transcription relies upon an API tied to Google’s speech recognition service. Is this correct? Are there any non-free alternatives that PiaF users could connect to?

That is correct. I have been working on something, but having an issue getting my programmer to finish off a few things on it. When its ready, I'll post about it.

madjeff

Reaction score
Anybody got this to work on the new Ubuntu PiaF install? I've been out of the Piaf loop for awhile and just built a new system for one of my clients, and just got the request for MP3 attachments.

Killbit

Reaction score
Anybody got this to work on the new Ubuntu PiaF install? I've been out of the Piaf loop for awhile and just built a new system for one of my clients, and just got the request for MP3 attachments.

Yes you need to install Lame

sudo apt-get install lame

bobkoure

Reaction score
Speaking of Lame, none of the CentOS7 repos seem to have it. so it's install from source:
Code:
cd /usr/local/src 
wget http://softlayer-dal.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lame/lame/3.99/lame-3.99.5.tar.gz 
tar -xvf lame-3.99.5.tar.gz 
rm lame-3.99.5.tar.gz 
cd lame-3.99.5 
./configure
make 
make install

I'm getting past being a Linux noob, but this took a bit of figuring out (especially figuring the contents of the EL7 packages on repoforge). I wonder if it makes sense to include Lame as part of IncrediblePBX for CentOS7(?). Of course, non-noobs may find this absurdly easy so no reason.

bobkoure

Reaction score
[edit]
Nevermind, found issue - it was me.
[/edit]
Emails are getting through but no attachment.

[edit]
section deleted to keep people from wasting their time figuring the issue out
[/edit]

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
In freepbx did you set your format to wav|wav49

gary

bobkoure

Reaction score
Yep.
However, I missed the Email Attachment: yes in the extensions with voicemail.
Works fine now.
I'm an idiot - or at least I'm trying to get too many things going on this PBX all at once. Time for a beer :)

bobkoure

Reaction score
Sure. I managed to miss setting the "email attachment" variable to "yes".
d'oh!
I chopped up my prev posts because I had "code" sections with parts of the stream.org file showing that there really was no voice data - and I saw no reason for folks who are kind enough to help out here to waste their time looking at that, when the answer to the puzzle was elsewhere.

bobkoure

Reaction score
So, instead of trying to listen to them on your mobile get an account with nexiwave, get a transcription along with voice object - and only listen to the ones you need to.

I'm regularly out of areas where I have a data connection (but still have voice/text). What I'd love is a way to get the gist of the message into a text. I think I could do it with something like PhoneSlave* (a project I had some to-do with in the late 80's).
Basically "press 1 to leave a text message"
Then an IVR, asks the caller to leave a short summary, transcribes that, and sends via SMS.

*phoneslave was all audio (transcription was unreliable for anything other than numbers), but it turned voice mail into a directed conversation using sound/silence detection
"Please say who's calling..." [detect/record]
"Please say in just a few words what this is about..." [detect/record]
"Now please leave your complete message..." [detect/record]
Thank you!

On the receiving side, you could click through senders (saying their own name), listen to just the synopsis, and get the entire message.
Super useful for finding a message somebody left for you a week ago.

I'm not sure it ever made its way out of the Media Lab, and it was "overtaken by events" ages ago - but the notion of a directed conversation might still be a useful thing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.