TIPS Viva WAZO: A New Beginning

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@gpuser Did you follow the Nerd Vittles platform tutorial for ESXi. These installs are very specific to each platform because of the way XiVO handles hostnames. As for email configuration, this unfortunately is the nature of the beast with today's ISPs. We've added a section in the main tutorial for Incredible PBX for XiVO that covers reconfiguration to support SMTP RelayHosts with Postfix. Pattern matching in XiVO is handled with extension strings under the Exten tab for each Outgoing Route setup. CDR is a work-in-progress. There's a thread here on our forum about what is planned. In the meantime, the CDR data is available with simple queries that are covered in the main tutorial. The other issues probably should be posted on the XiVO Forums where many of the XiVO developers hang out regularly.

Getting Started with Incredible PBX Call Logs

To retrieve SQLite3 call log data, here are a few examples to get you started:

ALL: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "select * from cdr"
DATE: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "select * from cdr where calldate >= '2016-05-22'"
NPA: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "SELECT * from cdr WHERE clid LIKE '%<843%'"
DEST: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "SELECT * from cdr WHERE dstchannel LIKE '%411%'"
FLDS: sqlite3 /var/log/asterisk/master.db "PRAGMA table_info(cdr)"

To retrieve the CDR log in CSV format suitable for spreadsheets, download:

/var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv

Using an SMTP Mail RelayHost with Postfix

To cut down on spam, many ISPs no longer allow SMTP mail traffic that originates from downstream mail servers. If your server is connected to an ISP such as Comcast, that would be you. Here’s how to reconfigure the Postfix mail server included with XiVO to process your outgoing emails using your ISP as a mail relay.

First, edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and search for relayhost. Replace it with the entries below. If it’s not in the file, then just add the following entries to the end of the file:

relayhost = smtp.comcast.net:587
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasldb
smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
Next, create /etc/postfix/sasldb and add the following entries: your ISP (smtp.comcast.net) followed by a TAB and then your full comcast login name, a colon, and your Comcast password. No spaces! Save the file.

Next, create a hashed version of the file: postmap sasldb

Then restart Postfix: /etc/init.d/postfix restart

Now send yourself a test email like this:

echo "test"| mail -s testmessage [email protected]

Cqp32yeW8AAA93I.jpg

gpuser

Reaction score
Yes, to the letter; twice in fact.

the way XiVO handles hostnames.
I saw your warning in one of the articles. Could you please give me a brief info on the way XiVO handles hostnames?

We've added a section in the main tutorial for Incredible PBX for XiVO that covers reconfiguration to support SMTP RelayHosts with Postfix.
Yes, manually setting up postfix is easy but that's not what I was asking. I could get voicemail (with attachment) to email working with just the gui set up. But fax2email failed with message 'proper authentication required'. I suspect XiVO is trying to do something different for fax2email operation. Moreover XiVO would happily overwrite your manual configuration without checking if the main.cf files was modified outside of XiVO and the GUI doesn't tell you about all those failed emails resulting from this.

Pattern matching in XiVO is handled with extension strings under the Exten tab for each Outgoing Route setup.
Yes I've done this already. Problem is, one of my providers require FNN format while the other needs e164. I can't see how this can be achieved in outgoing calls>exten tab. I've added both trunks into this 'outgoing call' for fail over, but I know this is not going to work as it stands now.

The other issues probably should be posted on the XiVO Forums where many of the XiVO developers hang out regularly.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Deciphering Your Phone Number (courtesy of @TomS )

Code:
;# // BEGIN Your Extension Number Is
exten => *65,1,Answer
exten => *65,n,Wait(1)
exten => *65,n,Set(CallerIDNum=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => *65,n,agi(picotts.agi,"Your extension number is ",en-US)
; alternative for those using Festival such as RasPi 3 image
;exten => *65,n,Festival("Your extension number is ")
exten => *65,n,SayDigits(${CallerIDNum})
exten => *65,n,Wait(2)
exten => *65,n,Hangup
;# // END Your Extension Number Is

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Creating Custom Extensions with XiVO (Welcome Back, Lenny!)

One of the extremely useful features of FreePBX is the ability to create Custom SIP extensions to directly connect to a SIP URI. Here's how to do the same thing in XiVO.

1. Create a New User and assign the Customized protocol and an Extension Number to the user:

Csu3ddfWEAE_u8y.jpg

Csu4ebaWgAEjXqe.jpg

2. Edit the Line entry that's generated for the New User:

Csu5J7BW8AA1wNI.jpg

3. Replace the Interface entry for the Line with the desired SIP URI, e.g. SIP/[email protected]. Then SAVE your new Line settings.

Csu53asWIAA-oJF.jpg

4. Dial 750 from an Extension on your XiVO PBX to try out Lenny. You now can use the Extension just like any other extension on your PBX.

Csu7MoiWcAAe_pp.jpg

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
CallerID Superfecta Adjusted for International Numbers

We've revised CallerID Superfecta a bit to better handle incoming international calls. New installs automatically get the fix. If you'd like to add it to your existing Incredible PBX for XiVO platform, here are the steps after logging in with SSH or Putty as root:

Code:
cd /
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/cid-superfecta.tar.gz
tar zxvf cid-superfecta.tar.gz
rm -f cid-superfecta.tar.gz
asterisk -rx "dialplan reload"

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I'm loving this new XiVO platform, the only problem for me is some needful features are missing from the gui, so you have to build them in the dial plan which I'm not used to. I have a need for a blf button on reception phones to show the status of the night service, also if the night service is set automatically then you need to be able to over ride it, (in case of a snow storm and everyone leaves early). So I created this dialplan to give me most the functionality I need, If there is a better way to do this or an improvement can be made please make adjustments and share.

Create a new configuration file "night-control-1.conf" and place this in it.

[night-control-1] ; Night Control For PTinc

exten = s,1,NoOp()

same = n,Answer(1000)

same => n,GotoIf($["${DEVICE_STATE(Custom:daynightstate)}" = "NOT_INUSE"]?dialopen:dialclosed)
same => n(dialopen),Dial(Local/201@default)
same => n(dialclosed),Dial(Local/360@default)

same => n,Hangup()

####### OR I ALSO DID THIS TO GET MY IVR & RING GROUPS IN THE MIX #######

[night-control-1] ; Night Control For PTinc

exten = s,1,NoOp()

same = n,Answer(1000)

same => n,GotoIf($["${DEVICE_STATE(Custom:daynightstate)}" = "NOT_INUSE"]?dialopen:dialclosed)
same => n(dialopen),Dial(Local/601@default)
same => n(dialclosed),Goto(ivr-1,s,1)

same => n,Hangup()

------------------------------------------------------------------
In configuration file "xivo-extrafeatures.conf" add this.

exten => 69998,hint,Custom:daynightstate

exten => 69999,1,NoOp()
same => n,Answer()
same => n,Authenticate(3971)
same => n,GotoIf($["${DEVICE_STATE(Custom:daynightstate)}" == "BUSY"]?setavailable:setaway)
same => n(setaway),Set(DEVICE_STATE(Custom:daynightstate)=BUSY)
same => n,Hangup()
same => n(setavailable),Set(DEVICE_STATE(Custom:daynightstate)=NOT_INUSE)
same => n,Hangup()

------------------------------------------------------------------

On a yealink phone I created
A BLF to see the state of night service "69998"
and then in the dial plan of the phone I set prefix 69998 -> 69999 so you only need 1 button
to activate & see light status.
Password = 3971

------------------------------------------------------------
Create a new configuration file "holiday-business-hours.conf" and place this in it.

[holiday-business-hours] ; Holiday-Business-hours For PTinc

; If it's any hour of the day, on any day of the week,
; during the first day of the month, in the month of July,
; we're closed
exten => s,1,GotoIfTime(*,*,1,jul?closed)

; During business hours, send calls to the open context
same => n,GotoIfTime(09:00-17:00,mon-thu,*,*?open:closed)
;same => n,GotoIfTime(09:00-11:59,sat,*,*?open:closed)

same => n(open),Goto(night-control-1,s,1)

; Otherwise, we're closed
same => n(closed),Goto(ivr-1,s,1)

--------------------------------------------------------
Now you can point your DID to

Destination : Customized
Command : Goto(holiday-business-hours,s,1)

Gary

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Today on Nerd Vittles...

Finally It’s a No-Brainer: Introducing Incredible PBX with XiVO Snapshots

Some good news this morning. I think we've finally unlocked the keys to the XiVO castle. One of the difficulties for first-timers has been the number of steps it takes to get XiVO set up to do basic things with extensions, trunks, and routes. Getting SIP settings squared away was especially tedious. But what if we could preconfigure everything in the base install just as we do with the VirtualBox and Raspberry Pi images for XiVO, i.e. what if we could restore a preconfigured snapshot of Incredible PBX for XiVO just as we have done with FreePBX for years. The irony in all of this is we've endured endless whining on DSL Reports because XiVO isn't "just as easy" to set up as FreePBX. In actuality, FreePBX never was that easy either. But it all arrived preconfigured with Incredible PBX and the older Orgasmatron builds so many got a jump start on getting their PBX working. Never mind that folks have been using the same FreePBX GUI interface for almost a decade. Playing a guitar is also easy... after 10 years!

As you probably know, XiVO stores almost everything in its PostGreSQL asterisk database. We think we have now mastered PostGreSQL sufficiently to be able to build a "model system" and then take a snapshot of it that can be restored into new Incredible PBX for XiVO builds as part of the initial install. Assuming the hurricane doesn't force us out of town, we should have a new installer for the pioneers to play with by this weekend.

We're excited about this because it really will level the playing field for those that have been reluctant to give XiVO a try. Once you switch over and experience the powerful features that XiVO offers, we predict that most will never go back.

SECRET SAUCE

If you want to experiment yourself, take a snapshot of an Incredible PBX for XiVO server that you've already configured (Google Voice not yet supported but it will be*):
Code:
xivo-service stop
export PGPASSWORD='proformatique'; pg_dump -U asterisk asterisk > xivo.pgsql
xivo-service start

Next, build a fresh Incredible PBX for XiVO server with the same version of XiVO and copy xivo.pgsql to /root of the new server.

Then, execute the following commands on the new server to restore your original setup:
Code:
cd /root
xivo-service stop
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -c "DROP DATABASE asterisk"
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -c "CREATE DATABASE asterisk"
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -d asterisk -f xivo.pgsql
xivo-service start

* This will require a backup and restore of /etc/asterisk and a preconfigured Google Voice environment on both servers.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We've now tested Incredible PBX with XiVO "Snapshots" successfully with Vultr and VirtualBox. Here are a couple of notes for our pioneers. First, you currently get ALL of the Incredible PBX apps when you elect to use the new image installer. Second, XiVO continues to exhibit install quirks due to mismatched hostnames on some of the more exotic platforms, not the ones we've documented.

Complete Nerd Vittles tutorial here: http://nerdvittles.com/?p=19785

The Incredible PBX installer sequence goes like this: (1) install latest XiVO, (2) run XiVO wizard to do basic web configuration, (3) install Incredible PBX components, (4) install Incredible PBX image. If you get errors in step #2, don't give up. Leave the installer sitting there, use a browser to access XiVO, and manually configure the first few pieces as you are prompted. If that completes successfully, return to the Linux CLI and the installer and press ENTER to continue. The installation should complete without further intervention. Total install time: under 10 minutes.

In this release, we have configured the SIP defaults to support most providers, we've set up Google Voice OAuth, and we've created a 701 extension and a couple of default incoming routes. Extension 701 also is configured to support simultaneous ringing on your cellphone and WebRTC. You still will need to set up your trunks although we've included 10 templates for major SIP providers to assist. Then you can edit one of the default incoming routes by inserting your DID number. Google Voice trunks can be added by running /root/add-gvtrunk from the Linux CLI.

To get started, follow your favorite Platform Tutorial (not Raspberry Pi). Then download the usual Incredible PBX installer which now has been updated:

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh
chmod +x IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh
./IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh

If a forced reboot occurs after some initial setup, just log back in and run the installer a second time:

Code:
./IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh

Feedback appreciated.

Last edited:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
The irony in all of this is we've endured endless whining on DSL Reports because XiVO isn't "just as easy" to set up as FreePBX. In actuality, FreePBX never was that easy either.

The preconfigured stuff will definitely help, but the complaint is valid.

As an Asterisk/FreePBX virgin, after more than a decade away from phone systems, I had a working FreePBX distro system with voip.ms (make/receive calls, a few of extension, a rudimentary IVR, etc) within a couple hours from booting the ISO. There was minimal head scratching and only provider FAQ based help on setting up trunks. I can't say the same for XiVO, even with the IPBX tutorials it is still a more difficult product to get going.

atibs1

Reaction score
I give Xivo a big thumbs up, and want to say THANK YOU to Uncle Ward for blazing the trail! I really like the auto prov features of xivo, sure the initial pbx general setup is a bit clunkier, and no ivr gui yet, but to have auto provisioning with function key gui is amazing (Func Key all the way to the right when in the User Edit screen). Flexibility of hot desking and scaling to 100+hand set installs is a real value, especially when you look at what they charge for the add on module for freepbx. I would hope for a function key templates tutorial, and how to apply to groups. Also, could there be some sort of gui for getting postfix to work as smtp relay? Always a struggle for me to get smtp relay going on all versions except raspi incrediblepbx running EXIM.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The preconfigured stuff will definitely help, but the complaint is valid.

As an Asterisk/FreePBX virgin, after more than a decade away from phone systems, I had a working FreePBX distro system with voip.ms (make/receive calls, a few of extension, a rudimentary IVR, etc) within a couple hours from booting the ISO. There was minimal head scratching and only provider FAQ based help on setting up trunks. I can't say the same for XiVO, even with the IPBX tutorials it is still a more difficult product to get going.

Thanks. Your setup is exactly the design setup we're shooting for with the new image installs. If you can't get this up and running with extensions, IVR, and a trunk to make and receive calls in under an hour, please let us hear about it. We've now included trunk setups for ten major providers so that's as easy as plugging in credentials. It's just a matter of routing the trunks in and out of your PBX, and everything should "just work."

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible PBX for XiVO installer has been updated to provide image snapshot support. If you elect to install ALL of the Incredible PBX components, the image snapshot will be loaded. Otherwise, those that choose lesser install options can configure everything manually with no image snapshot. Tutorial will be available soon. WebRTC and simultaneous ring on your smartphone now are supported as well for extension 701.

Oliver Gaskell

Reaction score
Trying to set up incrediblepbx xivo - installed using vultr and the excellent nerd vittles tutorial - all seemingly ran fine and can ssh to console no problem but when trying to access web gui get a certficate not valid message and when overiding this get a 403 forbidden message from nginx - I have checked wards tutorials but cant see any missed steps - can anyone provide any answers/suggestions please.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.