TIPS Viva WAZO: A New Beginning

Reaction score
Hmm, I think I got it to install on the smallest Vultr instance...

I just completed my install and I am looking at the web interface and it is showing the following:

Type Percent Free Used Buffers Cached Total
Physical memory 78.70 % 58.24 MiB 573.59 MiB 3.66 MiB 93.34 MiB 728.83 MiB
Swap partition 33.13 % 668.73 MiB 331.27 MiB - - 1000.00 Mi

So, what I did was the following:
  1. Create a new Debian instance and login as root (Embed a SSH key to make things easy and safe!)
  2. Input the following commands (taken from the Digital Ocean install):
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=1024k
    chown root:root /swapfile
    chmod 0600/swapfile
    mkswap /swapfile
    swapon /swapfile
    echo "/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0">>/etc/fstab
    sysctl vm.swappiness=10
    echo vm.swappiness=10>>/etc/sysctl.conf
    free -h
    cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

3. Then, start the install as normal (following directions here).

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hmm, I think I got it to install on the smallest Vultr instance...

I just completed my install and I am looking at the web interface and it is showing the following:

Type Percent Free Used Buffers Cached Total
Physical memory 78.70 % 58.24 MiB 573.59 MiB 3.66 MiB 93.34 MiB 728.83 MiB
Swap partition 33.13 % 668.73 MiB 331.27 MiB - - 1000.00 Mi

So, what I did was the following:
  1. Create a new Debian instance and login as root (Embed a SSH key to make things easy and safe!)
  2. Input the following commands (taken from the Digital Ocean install):
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1024 count=1024k
    chown root:root /swapfile
    chmod 0600/swapfile
    mkswap /swapfile
    swapon /swapfile
    echo "/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0">>/etc/fstab
    sysctl vm.swappiness=10
    echo vm.swappiness=10>>/etc/sysctl.conf
    free -h
    cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

3. Then, start the install as normal (following directions here).

Thanks very much. That worked for us as well so we'll modify the tutorial accordingly. Really appreciate your help!!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Laying track in front of a steaming locomotive is ALWAYS exciting...

93b6d6267ca92552f45237e4f931e639.jpg

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Special thanks to Digital Ocean for addressing Debian's "locale missing" bug within hours after we reported it.

Reaction score
Thanks very much. That worked for us as well so we'll modify the tutorial accordingly. Really appreciate your help!!

You're welcome! I have to wait until the weekend to play around with the server a bit more, but I like Vultr so far and XiVO is pretty slick! I also like Digital Ocean, but I've had to "hop around" to their different servers because sometimes you get a laggy one.

We'll keep layin' that track!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
PIONEERS: Telephone Alarms for XiVO Now Available

CnQber1XYAQJ3LF.jpg

NOTE: The dialplan extension was changed from *77 to *88 to avoid a conflict with the numbering scheme in existing FreePBX installations. We will have a version for the standard Incredible PBX CentOS/Ubuntu/Raspbian platforms shortly.

For those of you that have used Siri or Alexa, you already know the convenience of scheduling alarm notifications to remind you of important events. Sometimes you don't have the time to go through the entire reminders procedure to schedule a quick alarm or wakeup call. With that in mind, we've built a new Telephone Alarms app that lets you dial *88 plus a 4-digit "military time" for the alarm. You can easily change the *88 to another 3-digit prefix if you like, but it will keep you from using any number beginning with that prefix in your dialplan.

If the time is later in the day than the current time, it is scheduled for today. Otherwise, it is scheduled for tomorrow. The notification will come on the same phone from which you scheduled the alarm. For example, if you dial *881000 from extension 701, an alarm call will be scheduled for extension 701 at the next occurrence of 10:00 a.m. For 10 p.m., enter military time: *882200. You must already have the Telephone Reminders application installed on your XiVO server. Feedback appreciated.

To install (already included in new Incredible PBX for XiVO installs after 2:30 p.m. EDT, 7/13/2016) :

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/alarms-xivo.sh
chmod +x alarms-xivo.sh
./alarms-xivo.sh

Last edited:

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I have a Xvio server with latest Incredible install.
Superfecta does not seem to work properly, I just want to show the Telco data at this point but it only shows City name & number, I see the caller id name coming in on the command line but it is removed and the city name is replaced by Superfecta, I have a Xivo server without Incredible and the incoming caller id name is past on like it should. In cid-superfecta.conf I have edited the line to look like this "same = n,AGI(nv-cid-superfecta.php,${XIVO_SRCNUM},3)" without quotations, I have also rebooted the server in case it was stored in memory. As a temp fix I would like to stop superfecta, were is the setting kept that tells the incoming did's to use superfecta as its caller id lookup service, I would like to turn this off until it is fixed.

Gary.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I managed to stop superfecta look ups by changing another setting in cid-superfecta.conf and now the Telco provided caller id is passed on.

[xivo-subrgbl-did]
exten = s,1,NoOp(### DID Incoming Call Subroutine ###)
same = n,NoOp(Calling FROM: ${XIVO_SRCNUM})
same = n,NoOp(Blacklist: ${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})})
same = n,GotoIf($[${LEN(${DB(blacklist/${XIVO_SRCNUM})}))} > 1]?byebye)
;same = n,GoSub(cid-superfecta,s,1)
same = n(return),Return()
same = n(byebye),Answer
same = n,Congestion
same = n(return),Return()

Gary.

chris_c_

Reaction score
Is the Motif library (native GV GTalk) supported in the current build...?

chris_c_

Reaction score
Also... is HylaFax installed accessible and configurable inside the web interface?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Is the Motif library (native GV GTalk) supported in the current build...?
Motif module is included in XiVO Asterisk build but not presently supported in the GUI. We recommend Simonics SIP to GV gateway for Google Voice support.

Reaction score
I have a Xvio server with latest Incredible install.
Superfecta does not seem to work properly, I just want to show the Telco data at this point but it only shows City name & number, I see the caller id name coming in on the command line but it is removed and the city name is replaced by Superfecta, I have a Xivo server without Incredible and the incoming caller id name is past on like it should. In cid-superfecta.conf I have edited the line to look like this "same = n,AGI(nv-cid-superfecta.php,${XIVO_SRCNUM},3)" without quotations, I have also rebooted the server in case it was stored in memory. As a temp fix I would like to stop superfecta, were is the setting kept that tells the incoming did's to use superfecta as its caller id lookup service, I would like to turn this off until it is fixed.

Gary.
I didn't care for the effect Superfecta was having either. There are a few different ways to disable it or change it but as we move forward there should either be a master 'add on' config file where you can just comment or un-comment a feature or a place in the GUI to do that. The file and directory structure of XiVO is pretty clean so it makes doing things a little easier. I'm still not getting what I want but there is also a config file in XiVO that controls the formatting of callerid.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I didn't care for the effect Superfecta was having either. There are a few different ways to disable it or change it but as we move forward there should either be a master 'add on' config file where you can just comment or un-comment a feature or a place in the GUI to do that. The file and directory structure of XiVO is pretty clean so it makes doing things a little easier. I'm still not getting what I want but there is also a config file in XiVO that controls the formatting of callerid.

We don't use analog lines so we're struggling a bit to understand what would be required to decipher whether the phone company has passed along a legitimate CallerID name in the delivered call that we don't want to disturb. What would it look like from MaBell as opposed to a VoIP provider? Perhaps we can add a test that only triggers CallerID Superfecta when the delivered CNAM is blank, or matches the CallerID number, or shows Wireless Caller, or unknown, or what else??

Last edited:

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
We don't use analog lines so we're struggling a bit to understand what would be required to decipher whether the phone company has passed along a legitimate CallerID name in the delivered call that we don't want to disturb. What would it look like from MaBell as opposed to a VoIP provider? Perhaps we can add a test that only triggers CallerID Superfecta when the delivered CNAM is blank, or matches the CallerID number, or shows Wireless Caller, or unknown, or what else??

I should of been more clear in my post, The telco provided data is coming from Voip.ms and not fxo lines.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
Things seem to be going full steam ahead in regards to this Xivo project, as I work more with my server I remember tit bits of info I read somewhere in this forum and I am constantly looking all over to find such info, is it time a forum topic on the man page be setup for all thing Xivo.

Gary.

Reaction score
At some point I can provide some cli info or pics. I was getting far more information being displayed then I wanted to receive on callerid. With Superfecta on it was displaying INVALID and then the numbers and name from Anveo. Even with Superfecta deleted the default configuration was sending 'From' and 'Via' in the t46g display. I called from a cellphone to a pots that is forwarded to an Anveo DID. Displayed was the cellphone number and the DID the that the Pots line was forwarded to. Might have even showed the Pots number! All scrolled in the t46g display. I see where you can do some of the callerid 'string' changes in XiVO but I don't know where the 'From' and 'Via' were coming from just yet.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I am working on the ivr.conf file as per http://nerdvittles.com/?p=18183, but I can not dial directly to any internal extension, all of the single digit options work fine, my extension numbers are 200-399. Does anyone know how to allow this IVR to dial internal extensions. On freepbx we had an option called direct dial.

Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.