TIPS Viva WAZO: A New Beginning

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
As we prepare for the Independence Day rollout of Incredible PBX for XiVO, we could use a few Pioneers. The implementation design is a little different with XiVO. In a nutshell, you build the XiVO platform first using either the ISO or Debian 8/64 + the XiVO install script. Then, depending upon your hardware platform, you either configure XiVO using the automated configuration script or manually via the XiVO web interface. Next, you set up the IPtables firewall using the Travelin' Man 3 WhiteList. Then, you manually configure a few default settings for the XiVO platform and add one or more extensions, trunks, incoming and outgoing routes. At this juncture, you should have a perfectly functioning, SECURE, and barebones XiVO platform. For those that have clamored for that option, you can stop here.

For those wishing to add the Incredible PBX feature set with AsteriDex, Telephone Reminders, CallerID Superfecta, BlackLists, CDR logs in both CSV and SQLite3 format, ODBC support for SQLite3, Festival TTS, Google Voice Recognition, Conference Bridge Conferencing (no timing source required), NeoRouter VPN, DISA support, the Incredible PBX Automatic Update Utility, and more, you simply download and run the Incredible PBX installer for XiVO.

We'll document the complete 30-45 minute installation procedure with links to accompanying tutorials shortly.

Suggestions are, of course, encouraged and welcomed. All of the XiVO and Incredible PBX code is pure GPL3. No Gotchas. Free At Last! :patriot:

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
PIONEERS ONLY: Incredible PBX for XiVO Installation

1. Install XiVO and the Travelin' Man 3 Firewall following one these Tutorials for the Platform of Your Choice. NOTE: No support is available yet for the Raspberry Pi platform. We'll let everyone know when/if it becomes ready for prime time. For ease of creation/use/redeployment we recommend ImpactVPS or Digital Ocean preferably with at least 1GB of RAM and a 20GB drive. We don't have the resources to support CloudAtCost legendary problems during this beta!

2. Follow the Initial Setup Tutorial to Configure XiVO and Create Extension for Incredible PBX. Stop at the marker for Incredible PBX installer:
ClopHRrWEAA6TBN.jpg

3. Set up one or more Trunk Providers for use with XiVO and Incredible PBX

4. Configure Outgoing and Incoming Routes for your Trunks and make test calls to verify calling out and calling in works. Set up at least one outgoing route with NXXNXXXXXX dial string. This route will be used for Incredible PBX click-to-dial and Speed Dialing with AsteriDex.

CllQDKaWgAAPxZd.jpg

CAUTION: Do NOT proceed until you get reliable calls working in both directions with 10-digit numbers!

5. Download and run the Incredible PBX Installer once everything above is squared away:
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh
chmod +x IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh
./IncrediblePBX13-XiVO.sh

6. If you want to use Voice Dialing (411), you'll need to obtain Google credentials. This Nerd Vittles tutorial will walk you through that process. Don’t forget to add your key to /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/speech-recog.agi on line 72.

7. If you want to implement DISA, the dialplan code already is included in /root/disa-xivo.txt; however, you'll need to edit the file and set up the CallerID numbers that can access DISA and also set up a very secure password. Then copy the file to your custom dialplan. Tutorial available here.

8. To configure a SIP phone and use AsteriDex Click-to-Dial, you'll need the Line credentials for Extension 701 or some other extension of your choosing. Before AsteriDex is usable for Click-to-Dial calling, edit /var/www/html/asteridex4/config.inc.php and insert the extension and line to be used for outbound calling from the web interface: http://ipaddress/asteridex4. The default extension is 701. Look up the Line # associated with this user and plug it into the settings: $defaultLine="8zqnfdpw";

9. If you'd like to use the AsteriDex SpeedDial generator, you can download it here. Move it into /var/www/html/asteridex4 long enough to run it. Then move it to /root for security.

10. Please open new threads for support. Thanks.

Last edited:

rentpbx

Guru
Reaction score
We had plain XiVO image available on our platform. It is easy to order! Go to https://www.rentpbx.com/index.html, click “Buy Now” button for PBX In A Flash and choose your location. You will see " XiVO (Debian 8 Asterisk 13)". This is a plain XiVO image without IncrediblePBX addon.

To take advantage of the $15/month special pricing on this rock-solid cloud platform for XiVO, simply use coupon code NoGotchas.

Pioneers can take this image and play around with the Independence Roll out.

XiVO is pre-installed so that you can save some time.

You guys can just logged in to the PBX through ssh console and start with the incredible script from that point.

We pre-install your PBX with simple firewall. Once you run the script please remove the initial firewall.

rm /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/iptables

We are very excited with the progress Ward and "Incredible" community has made with XiVO. Thank you for the effort. Let learn together.

Br
RentPBX Team

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In preparation for next week's Independence Day celebration, we are releasing three new (beta) Incredible PBX turnkey installers. Because of the numerous platforms on which XiVO will run, we've chosen to build 3 separate installers to address different types of installations.

There are two ways to build XiVO servers. Start with a minimal install of Debian 8 (64-bit only) or start using the XiVO ISO (64-bit only). The advantage of the XiVO ISO is that building a system from the ISO gets you BOTH Debian 8 AND the basic XiVO install. However, you can only use the XiVO ISO on platforms that you own, not on virtual machines controlled by somebody else. Stated another way, if you plan to use dedicated hardware or VirtualBox, use the XiVO ISO. Otherwise, install a minimal Debian 8 (64-bit) operating system and nothing else on your platform of choice. Now you're ready to choose your Incredible PBX installer. Install time: 5-20 minutes depending upon flavor.

IMPORTANT: When you build your Debian 8 platform on either stand-alone hardware or as a virtual machine, use a fully-qualified domain name for your server's hostname, e.g. xivo.incrediblepbx.com NOT xivo. Disaster awaits if you don't heed this requirement!

The 3 Flavors of Incredible PBX for XiVO

IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh - Suitable for Debian 8 (64-bit) minimal platform where XiVO has NOT been installed. Use with Cloud VMs.

IncrediblePBX13-XiVO2.sh - Suitable for Debian 8 (64-bit) platform where XiVO has been installed BUT not configured. Use with XiVO ISO.

IncrediblePBX13-XiVO3.sh - Suitable for Debian 8 (64-bit) platform where XiVO has been installed AND XiVO has been configured via web.

WARNING: Incredible PBX erases and replaces stuff as part of its installation procedure. NEVER install Incredible PBX over the top of an existing production server!

Incredible PBX Installation Procedure (specify installer desired in step #1):
Code:
INSTALLER=IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/$INSTALLER
chmod +x $INSTALLER
./$INSTALLER

Existing XiVO platform tutorials have been updated.

Last edited:

piaftnt

Reaction score
Ok, I am a little confused. I setup a vps @ ImpactVPS and things seem to be working. I worked through the tutroial @ http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18299 and it says to run ./IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh wait for the machine to reboot and then run it again. Once it finishes, goto http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18398. I worked through that until I got to that part that says

"IMPORTANT: If you want to use the new (beta) Incredible PBX installer to complete your installation, stop here, activate your Trunks and Incoming and Outgoing Routes. Then download the Incredible PBX installer and run it. If you’re a do-it-yourself type, continue on with the manual installation procedure below."

If I follow that link, I end up back here and as best as I can tell it says to run the installer again. Of course the installer will not run again because it already completed.

Am I missing something or am I stuck in an endless loop? :)

At this point I think I just need to connect a phone and test but I want to be sure I am not missing something.

Has anyone connected an obi to XiVO?

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ok, I am a little confused. I setup a vps @ ImpactVPS and things seem to be working. I worked through the tutroial @ http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18299 and it says to run ./IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh wait for the machine to reboot and then run it again. Once it finishes, goto http://nerdvittles.com/?page_id=18398. I worked through that until I got to that part that says

"IMPORTANT: If you want to use the new (beta) Incredible PBX installer to complete your installation, stop here, activate your Trunks and Incoming and Outgoing Routes. Then download the Incredible PBX installer and run it. If you’re a do-it-yourself type, continue on with the manual installation procedure below."

If I follow that link, I end up back here and as best as I can tell it says to run the installer again. Of course the installer will not run again because it already completed.

Am I missing something or am I stuck in an endless loop? :)

You're good to go. You caught us between the seams of an "old" tutorial and a "new" one.

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Haven't even looked at the RasPi implementation for XiVO yet so I wouldn't even hazard a guess at this point.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Understood - I have one running, just not with your goodies :)

If you have XiVO installed AND configured, you should be able to use IncrediblePBX13-XiVO3.sh installer to get almost everything. NeoRouter section (lines 283-284) should be modified to grab the RasPi version.:
Code:
wget http://download.neorouter.com/Downloads/NRFree/Update_2.3.1.4360/inabox/Raspbian/nrclient-2.3.1.4360-free-raspbian-armhf.deb
dpkg -i nrclient-2.3.1.4360-free-raspbian-armhf.deb

After running installer, you then can proceed to Incredible PBX Initial Configuration tutorial to continue your setup.

Make a backup image first. :death:

Last edited:

jrglass

Guru
Reaction score
You're good to go. You caught us between the seams of an "old" tutorial and a "new" one.
I am having problems ruining IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh. I have tried on three different cloud VPS they all run till
Generation complete.
Setting up openssh-client (1:6.7p1-5+deb8u2) ...
Setting up openssh-sftp-server (1:6.7p1-5+deb8u2) ...
Setting up openssh-server (1:6.7p1-5+deb8u2) ...
Setting up openssl (1.0.1t-1+deb8u2) ...
Setting up ca-certificates (20141019+deb8u1) ...
Setting up dselect (1.17.27) ...
Setting up expat (2.1.0-6+deb8u3) ...
Setting up quota (4.01-8+deb8u1) ...
insserv: warning: current start runlevel(s) (empty) of script `quotarpc' overrides LSB defaults (2 3 4 5).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 2 3 4 5 6) of script `quotarpc' overrides LSB defaults (0 1 6).
Setting up sudo (1.8.10p3-1+deb8u3) ...
Setting up libdevmapper1.02.1:amd64 (2:1.02.90-2.2+deb8u1) ...
Setting up dmsetup (2:1.02.90-2.2+deb8u1) ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u4) ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.120+deb8u2) ...
Processing triggers for ca-certificates (20141019+deb8u1) ...
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs... 19 added, 18 removed; done.
Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d....done.

The script stops in the same place every time

I used
INSTALLER=IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/$INSTALLER
chmod +x $INSTALLER
./$INSTALLER

TIA

Jeff

amygrant

Guru
Reaction score
[EDIT: This was user error on my part but I am leaving post in case someone runs into same problem.

The error was my colleague set up the virtual machine and I misunderstood him. I thought he had set up a base Debian8 install when in reality he was using the 64-bit XiVO Server ISO. Therefore, I should been IncrediblePBX13-XiVO2.sh but instead was using IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh ]

**** Original Post Below *****

I have just tried the beta installer script IncrediblePBX13-XiVO1.sh on a newly built Debian8 amd64 VM. The install is unable to complete because I get this in the xivo error log when trying to start the xivo-agentd service:

Code:
2016-06-29 03:50:57,790 [19645] (ERROR) (xivo_agent.bin.agentd): undefined environment variable XIVO_UUID
2016-06-29 03:50:57,790 [19645] (CRITICAL) (root): XIVO_UUID environment variable is not set
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/xivo-agentd", line 5, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo_agent/bin/agentd.py", line 129, in main
    set_xivo_uuid(config, logger)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo/config_helper.py", line 143, in set_xivo_uuid
    config['uuid'] = get_xivo_uuid(logger)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xivo/config_helper.py", line 138, in get_xivo_uuid
    raise UUIDNotFound()

The log entry is made when executing the python script which causes all the subsequent xivo components to fail.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@amygrant: What did you use for your hostname??

1. Try this for /etc/hosts:
Code:
# XIVO: FILE AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED BY THE XIVO CONFIGURATION SUBSYSTEM
# XIVO: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
# XIVO:
127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.1.1    xivo.incrediblepbx.com    localhost.localdomain    xivo

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
2. And this for /etc/hostname:
Code:
xivo
3. Tips on setting UUID here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/132079/how-do-i-change-uuid-of-a-disk-to-whatever-i-want
4. Reboot and then run the installer.

You might want to hold off for a day or so and let @Sylvain Boily comment on this as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.